Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What's the news

Not applicable
Guys..lets say you had 53,000 CFDS that you bought a day ago at R7.. which is R50,000 value. Yesterday morning it opens R 2 down and you don't have extra margin.. R106,000 in the red and get closed out. Lol, what now.. meaning you owe your broker R56,000 or something in that region! What does OST do? Haha !!BIG EISH!! hope that didn't happen to anyone :-S Looking at the massive volume today that means the average trade is in the region of R39,000 each! For Abil to raise R8.5b with 1.5b shares in issue will require shareholders to front up R5.66/share. That is never going to happen. Therefore my point of this post is be careful (Be very careful) buying a share that can fall to R 1 or even 50c tomorrow!!! ;-P F
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Perhaps a fire-sale and a buy-out will occur shortly by a strong bank? I hope nobody on this forum has derivatives on this one! I actually owned, and made some money, on this one before the financial crisis, but then sold and after a while back there was a thing about the unsecured credit issues, then I was very careful on these type of things...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lol, agree, this one is bad bad news! Btw what happened, trading stopped?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Seems like trading continued.. lol ... big ouch almost 201 now bwahahahah
0 Kudos
Not applicable
150 hahahahahahahaahah!! I can't wait to read those comments of people saying agh its only a gamble and they don't care it they lose their R38,000 . Any buyers at 100? or are we waiting for 30c? :P Trading keeps getting halted thats how bad it is. .Run run run :)
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Poor Coronation! they own 20% of this company!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Never seen a share drop this fast! 115c... and the fall continues :P
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Think Garth will buy some of this on day 3?
0 Kudos
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Are they now in a state wher they dont have to put out sens news anymore.(not that its much help)...........
0 Kudos
Not applicable
99C lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is this even worth 10c?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, three day rule is tomorrow, yesterday and today is margin calls so pressure remains ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Lets do a JPMorgan-BearSterns deal and offer 5c per share? *****...
0 Kudos
klapka
Super Contributor
They did put out a SENS. It was headed ABL 10A so possibly OSTs antiquated system didn't file it?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Adjusting for yesterday's sens and the additional losses and provisions, tangible nav is about 400cps? Once the margin calls end and the initial panic settles, the share should consolidate above 100cps? Worth a nibble maybe...
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
This is painful to watch even if you don't have any shares.
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
hope you didn't take to large a nibble?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yes, but.. how does a company raise R8.5bn when their market cap is only R1.5bn ??
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
that will never happen... buyout?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I don't expect them to succeed with a rights offer...if no buyout offer which is becoming extremely attractive given the discount and the established branch infrastructure, they could liquidate and run off the book and distribute the proceeds?
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
We believe ABIL has gone a long way to restoring this confidence and provided it can deliver more stable and predictable results from here and pressure on the share price subsides, we believe that equity holders can start tofocus on the operating outlook and recovery to come. While management continues to point to mid-teens asset growth and...
0 Kudos