Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What's the sentiment on Sasol at these levels?

dilligaff
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
kr_pto
Super Contributor
brazen, she (sol that is) certainly likes flirting with that 256 stop level hey?! what happened today, anyone know why so volatile?dropped to 250 this morning, then back up to 264 then 253, now 258.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
SOL always does this intraday volatility, which is why I stick to end of day like glue. So far, no breach of 256 and that's as much as I need to know.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I am Impressed with your Disipline.. great trading!! I do think that it is looking to go lower, but who Knows.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
sigh....wouldn't it be nice if great trading involved making a bit of money. .. sigh. And I do have a horrible feeling that it's going to 245.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
If it does Buy it whole sale. that has mulitple weekly supports.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am of the opinion that the windfall? tax on SOL (and others) is weighing heavily on the investors minds. If SOL goes to R245 - what a bargain as I do not believe that the w/tax will be so severe.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Dude the Bargain was at 215 this would just be a good spot to add a few to the retirment fund.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sure John. A bigger bargain was at 185, but things are relative and SOL has been trading within a band of late and 245 is at the lower end. The world energy requirements are growing by the day. So too is that of China and although it has substantial oil reserves it is not enough for their own growing demands. SOL is a winner provided the market does not take a big breather soon.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
Hey Brazen... Still an hour and a bit to go, but she looks to be wanting to close below the magical 257/256. but on rather low volumes. you recon this may be a false move through 256 (assuming she even ends below 256 with all the volatility)?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Kariba Kariba.... If you buy at this level ( and I am talking shares) and you leave it for the next 30 years they WILL be worth a fortune of this I have no doubt if you looking to trade a SSF for the next 5 days I cant promise anything.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
Hey Brazen... Still an hour and a bit to go, but she looks to be wanting to close below the magical 257/256. but on rather low volumes. you recon this may be a false move through 256 (assuming she even ends below 256 with all the volatility)?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hi kr!pto. If SOL does close below 256 this pm it's gone. No exceptions cos of volumes, no false breaks. That way lies madness my son. john's right about long term and I have SOL shares which I don't touch. But anything geared I stick to levels now. And you know why - cos there have been times in the past when I didn't and it ALWAYS ends badly.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
But kr!pto baby, it ain't closed yet!
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
thanks B. i hear your concern around a break below 256 is a break no matter. personally though i suspect she will come back up again but undecided how i will play it if she doesnt by close today. probably out too would be the wisest move. here's hoping she rebounds and we dont have to make the call today. already looking a bit more healthy after that brief flirt with 253.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
kr!pto, the question is if you can see into the future. If not then you have to exit at your exit level, of course nothing stops you getting back in again.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
of course i can! cant you guys?
;)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
rock bottom 250 support 2 now bounce of support 1 at 253, I'll be quiet sirprize to see it below 250 support though. Keeping i nice eye on her !
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
0 Kudos