Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What's your day job?

earlyret
Regular Contributor
IT Contractor - designer/developer
0 Kudos
Ruby
Contributor
Fashion designer-own studio @ home.
0 Kudos
casey2
Occasional Contributor
owner of a short term insurance brokerage
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
ditto on the IT Contractor - designer/developer
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
I take it most people in here are familiar with the "alt" "tab" function on their keyboards.
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
um...yeah, why? dont see your day job here, what you do?
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
Forumites creaping out of the woodwork... Good post, DCTrader!
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
IT Consultant, Project Manager, Exec Coach, Dad
0 Kudos
Bossie_Bek
Contributor
Wizard what a tricky question - diamonds are sold in $ in RSA - the Rapaport Diamond report price (pricelist from New York, used by most traders in RSA) increased for the best quality internally flawless D colour 1,0ct diamond about 6% OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS. The rand decreased against the dollar from R6.90 to R7.30 over that period (also about 6%). So depending on the quality of the stone - the availability - the r/$ one could say that the wholesale diamond price increased by about 12% over the past 3 years. What a tough market. In comparison with the 1oz Kruger that went from R2750 to R5100 (some 85%) over the same period. Hope it answers your question.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
I'm assuming what CE is referring to is the constant flipping between "normal work" and trading... when the boss walks in you gotta hit Alt Tab to bring up the very exciting Excel spreadsheet! Haha... so true! Something along the same lines... I think on skybet.com or something it's got a hyperlink saying: "Boss coming, look busy!" You click on it and it takes you to a page full of Excel graphs and charts! Classic!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
kr_pto
Super Contributor
lol! i work from home, so no boss looking over shoulder. my alt and tab keys are taking a well deserved vacation
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Rate hike coming in April?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I don't think so. Unless the ZAR completely collapses I believe the next move in rates will be down but probably only next year sometime.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Heavy_D
Occasional Contributor
Finishing CIMA but currently national credit manager for a listed co.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sssssscientist...
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
What is zee formula?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Take R1. Double that every week for 5 years. The series is: R1, R2, R4, R8, R16, R32 etc. for 60X. If u can keep it up u should be beating Buffett...
0 Kudos