Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What share to buy

girlpower
Not applicable
Can someone advise me what would be a good share to invest in now?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Maggie
Super Contributor
The Money Market unless you have a strong stomach.
0 Kudos
pirates
Contributor
standard bank and abil...if you got 18mths to 2years to wait
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Start small and buy coal shares. (slowly)
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Depends on your strategy, i.e. short, medium or long term as well as the investment risk you are wanting to take. For the short to medium term I would say ELI, AGI and CAE - all should grow 25-40% over the next 6 - 12 months. OMO
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Abuzz - those are three shares I would'nt touch ! Girlpower stick with the heavies in resource sector -- AGL,BIL,EXX,KIO, etc.,to start with.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Cont. --SOL a good buy at this level, and also like Coal shares- CZA. in particular.
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Still too soon for SBK, the time to buy is when the market consensus is an interest rate reduction for the next reserve bank meeting. MichaelR, I have also moved into Som West, please give me a call - I'm Pieter at 082 895 2012, I'd like to meet you.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Michael R, Pam, also a Somerset Wester,I wonder how many more of the OST people live here? We should organise a get together of some sort.My contact no. is 851 6000.Would love to hear from the locals.
0 Kudos
moneycat
Contributor
0 Kudos