Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What the Fand%and%and

Jason_1
Contributor
Whats happend to this share, my stopp loss kicked in and i am out? Why the sudden drop?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Good thing u r out! Last night on Moneyweb they (barry seargent) expressed their concern regarding the value of Eland and said it should be more than half what it is now. Apparantly Billiton and Xtrata have been looking at Eland, therefore the cautionary but have walked away. They argued Elande should have come out with a cancellation of the cautionary. They also only start producing in 2015 and have a higher valuation than Aquirius who's already producing!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jason, see article on Moneyweb. Alec Hogg gave it a proper grilling. Thanks Alec!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hope you're out Jason? Anyone have any thoughts on how this reaction is going to affect the other platinum juniors, Anooraq in particular?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jason, I'm not that much economically literacy but this is what I expected today on ELD. This is after I listened to Moneyweb power hour on Radio 2000 last night, when the guest speakers from the mining industry expressed that ELD is far overpriced at a share price of R120. I bought this share at R90 and sold it at R110. Well done in considering Stop Loss in time.
0 Kudos
Jason_1
Contributor
thanks for the feed back.
0 Kudos
sm
Contributor
If all this is true why is it that there is still people buying into ELD at these levels and not waiting for R70,00?????
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
To me seems like a deliberate smeer on ELD. The question is, is this true or rumour ?. Moneyweb should be concerned about spreading opinions. I doubt that anybody other than the players really know. But man sure got my attention, didn't know that you could have a stampeed of Bears.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well it is true in that the article quoted facts. What's at issue is how one interprutes those facts.
0 Kudos
sm
Contributor
My point is that ELD will start production at, according to them, October this year, not 2015 as per moneyweb. further more than 350m shares changed hands today thus for every seller is there a buyer
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
producing how much? Wasn't the 2015 date full production. And the real issue remaisn land rights. Sure lots of buyers, but that's oftent he case at teh top (check Didata at R70). An I have none so no real interest either way, but it does look very much like the dot.com bubble - and that was teh thrust of the MNY article.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
cant you do the maths , no earnings in sight , only losses!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
just common sense is needed ; this could be a rout in losses to investors
0 Kudos