Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What the heck happened this morning?

Not applicable
Any news to support the opening 3% drop? Ouch :( That is a a big chunk of my profits...Must hold above R60
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
My only down share in my watchlist this morning...not nice :-(
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Doesn't the warrants strike not get changed so dividends don't effect the pricing?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, the div is priced out of the strike price .. so if the fall is exactly the div amount nothing changes on the warrant ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That is what I meant and when does that take place?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well the pricing in of the div is from day one, assuming the warrant life covers a div payment .. initially it is worked on the expected div, then when it becomes known the actual div value is used .. naturally the pricing out precoess happens over night from ldt to ex ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ok, I get that. That is what has happened to me previously but in this case... the share price was over strike and with 7 days to go, it has dropped much further today from open of trade making me 25% down whereas I was 20% up over the weekend? Is that because the warrant has priced it out already?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
looks odd .. call them .. 0800 111 780
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon... They are recalculating and going to get back to me