Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What to do with the cash ?

Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
I`m sitting on a cash pile of 200k, which i want to use as a deposit on a house in 3-4 months time, what should i do with it in the mean time ?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
Buy the house now! Negotiate like hell as you have a great deposit. Basically make a serious (15% lower than asking price) offer and be prepared to walk away if the seller does not accept. You can always come back in a months time and see if it is sold yet. If not then you make an even lower offer than before..... Right now You will be far to tempted to use it for something. Your transfer will take three to four months anyway. Where you wanting to buy?
0 Kudos
kemp
Occasional Contributor
The market is overbought at the moment.If you invest in shares now you will most probably not see much growth if any in two months time. If you want to risk a little go short on commodities agl and bil at the end of the week.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Moneymarket. You'll be stupid to invest anything in a short term period of 2/3 months in shares at the moment.
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
I agree with Kwagga ,
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the answer is simple .. money market .. only put money into the stock market that you do nto need for at least 3-5 years ..
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
What can I do with my money for 1 year, with moneymarket rates so low at the mo?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
same story .. we all only focus on the reward .. forgetting about the risk ..
0 Kudos
Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
Its sitting in my money market account at the moment, i`m with Simon on this one, i want minimal risk, i already losk 80k on sim, uuu and ssk, all 3 of which i made 100% returns off a few years back.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Single stock futures!!! Max urself out!!!
0 Kudos