Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What to trade?

Not applicable
Am used to trading warrants and shares. One can also trade Standard Bank unit trusts as I do, but with unit trusts one can only exit and enter the market at the same time every day (could be 3.30 pm with Standard Bank, but am not sure). Because an equity unit trust has many shares in they calculate the value of your unit once a day to simplify matters, so you see your entry price in next days paper no matter what time you send in a switch instruction. I am using the international conservative fund of funds to trade the rand currency to some extent. Can someone tell me a little about trading forex. It seems a good bet at present. With the rand falling the top 40 should normally do well, but equities across the world are having trouble so it is hard to gauge and forex looks to be a good bet.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
FX is the quickest way to get rid of money, even quicker than buring it .. an if you wanna try prove the statement wrong .. try some of these .. http://www.justonelap.com/SearchResults.asp?name=FX
0 Kudos
Not applicable
as a general rule of thumb, you want to be able to make at least twice your risk exposure, including costs. So you have to be able to take the cost of trading your instrument - (incl spread, brokerage, interest, etc) - for both the buy and sell - and then double it. If your instrument doesn't have a reasonable chance of reaching that target price in the timeframe you are trading - then it is not suitable.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for info. Will Carry on trading my Int Cons FOF switching between that and Cons FOF. Have had some success there.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks for info
0 Kudos