Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What up - SOL...

Not applicable
Guess the market does not like the earnings outlook here..... latest SENS upto 45% decline in 6 months... OUCH
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
striker
Super Contributor
Got out before the drop.
0 Kudos
Jock
Occasional Contributor
I was also lucky to got out of SOLQ on 29925, but bought in at 28800 36 minutes later.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Sold half my holdings, buy again at cheaper level. Expect price will fall more when US opens.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
great quick profit for the day for those of us alert enough to watch it.... nice you picked up at 288 I missed that low.
0 Kudos
Jock
Occasional Contributor
It was pure luck
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
The question now is how low will she go
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
SOL currently sitting on its upward trendline from the lows in Nov08. Relatively speaking, SOL has shown weakness versus the Top40 as well some of the other stocks. Top40 is currently nearing the 61.8% fib retracement from its lows whereas SOL is still quite a distance away from its 38% retracement of around 330. I think if the upward trendline breaks we might see 220 again.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Sasols BEE component who i believe purchased at R376.00 have never raised a wimper,i understand Sasol have underwritten any losses after the purchase exspiery date. Thats good enought for me increasing my load every time she drops to R290.00
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Explain that to me? To my mind, if SOL goes down, you lose twice - once because the price goes down and once because you're now insuring the BEE investor! Maybe I have it wrong :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Excellent buying opportunity!
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Quite right, the point i was making was that if the management have made such an offer they must be as near to certain that the share price will regain a fair proportion of its former price and i am prepared to accept their jugment.......
0 Kudos