Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Whats Happening To BHP Billiton??

Not applicable
Down by 7% This Morning..
0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
there was a report saying that steel demand would drop 15% this year, may have something to do with it dropping.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Hey Shanil, hows trading going, still making those superb returns?
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
oh and this also does not help BHP. China's steel makers and global miners have agreed to cut iron ore prices sharply, but are still locked in talks on the scope of the price cuts, an industry body said on Tuesday
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You Bet!! Its now more fun than ever..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
so i guess that is over 100% per month, consistently still?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
It has a declining triangle pattern. If it closes bellow 16900 I will be shorting this one. Some interesting opening pays today though, somebody was betting about 3 mil that it whould go above 18000. Just though to add my view. OMO.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
ok, just for interest, how much of that 60% is taken out per month, and how much is used to compound?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
None, i believe in accumulating.. its the best way to go..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
yip, i agree that accumilating is the best way, my long term portfolio shows quite good wealth creating since starting solely based on that principle. What was your starting capital, i find it hard to believe that one can achieve 60% consistently all the time indefinately, e.g. from R100k (which is not that much) 4 months would generate about R655k?
0 Kudos
moomoo
Contributor
April 28 (Reuters) - European Metals & Mining: * Nomura raises Anglo American to buy from neutral * Nomura cuts BHP Billiton to reduce from neutral
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
A 60% success rate is is easy - Shanil says he does it each month. Who are we to doubt?? Then, seeing he is above average, he executes probly 60% of his picks/spots. And 60% he closes successfully. That means he gets some trading profit, and pays some costs. 60% of the time he breaks even, and the rest he makes me 60% happier to have an interest in the brokerage world...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
DST, you right, i agree, to be honest as the months tick by i am also getting happier as i accumilate SBK shares.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Werner ...Here is the maths on the ALSI...1 contracts margin = R20000 (rounded down) to make 60% you need to make R12000 in a month..or R600 a day =60 points.. ...If the market moves 1% a day that would mean 200 points movement ...the truth is today we have had about 800 points of movement...so although making money in a highly leveraged instument is tough and fustrating and simpler on paper....it is more than posible to achieve.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I still find it hard to believe that this will be achieved 100% of the time, for an indefinate timespan, if this is the case there would be many more billionaires in the world and Bill Gates and Buffett would not be on the top with their strategies. But i think this is getting out of hand as it was discussed before, i just will never believe that 100% guarenteed return on that. sometimes one will have a bad time, or something, and highly leveraged instruments could eliminate one very fast, if not, why did Lehman and Bear Sterns go bust.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I hardly think you can get wealthy on R12000 a month trading full time. secondley I hardly think risky lending and quality trading should be confuced
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
how i see it is that one may not be limited to one contract, if one starts at R100k just do a simple compounding calculation when keeping the cash in and you will see that is over time of a few years is definately a way to get wealthy, just need dicipline to keep the cash invested, but i still dont believe its 100% probable to get such a consistent return all the time. i am sure some people on this forum already had some bad months this year?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
depends on the time frame .. if you trade in 1 minute charts, a massive losing streak is over by lunch ?? but yes, 100% every month for ever is simple not possible, because soon enough you own the universe ..
0 Kudos