Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Whats Up

Cruising
Contributor
This Share went up 9% today, up 26% so far this year, up 216% year on year. I note no discussion on Assore on this forum, only comment on the SENS is negative, about possible pollution. Some thing must be going on. Any one in the know?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Cruising
Contributor
Sorry, not SENS, but Company News
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
ASSORE is: Bringing her new 10mt pa low production cost iron ore mine on stream Finalising an additional 10mt pa expansion to 20mt pa (on top of her 6,5mt pa current mine) ARI mentions an additional 6mt pa expansion possibility on her website. Expanding her ferrochrome output by 30% to meet capacity. Due to expand chrome ore output by 350% to meet capacity. AND there is a further chrome mine that has been on care and maintence which could be re-commissioned. Seeking 25%+ more output allocation from transnet for manganese ore. Doubling her manganese alloy output. Chrome prices are up 100%+ since her last reporting date. Iron ore prices are up 71%+ since her last reporting date. Manganese prices are up 300%+ since her last reporting date. She might sell part of her extensive industrial land holdings in Cato Ridge. The Japanese industrial mega-conglomerate, Sumitomo Corp. took a stake in her early last year. She recently tried to finalise the last part of her BEE transaction without issuing further capital (nice of her - but why?) She is very closely held, so the stock tends towards its target price without suffering any meaningful pullbacks. As the stock price rises, so this effect becomes even more pronounced. (ASSORE controls and manages ASSMANG's facilities - although she owns 50% thereof - so all figures should be divided by 2 except for the additional chrome mine which does not fall into ASSMANG.)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Threshold - any ideas why this share pays such paltry dividends? Otherwise, it seems like a no brainer to me. Pity about the extremely unfortunate name though
0 Kudos