Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Whats happening to ADI?

Brainware
Frequent Contributor
Going for a dive Any news?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
AP
Regular Contributor
Not sure, could not find any news....maybe profit taking, but a 10% dip is a bit excessive?
0 Kudos
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
Yes I also looked for news on a few websites
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nobody thought 10% up in day was excessive .. at 950c it was crazy, check ellies chart for what goes up can also go down
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Missed out, was one of Riette Kotze's stock picks at 18 Jan Std bank Tech Analysis session. For me now also too good to be true. Needs a good pullback to consider again.
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
looks like 700c won't hold either ... ouch!
0 Kudos
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
Ive been waiting for weeks to buy, now still waiting .. Like a Scottie dog How I luv this market .. Patience patience
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
I am hopeful that it will start bouncing back on Friday/Monday....I think it is very close to its lowest point....also preparing to buy soon...
0 Kudos
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
Yip, up a bit now Also watching POY
0 Kudos
AP
Regular Contributor
Yes I have POY on my radar as well...
0 Kudos
Bigwig
New Contributor
Me thinks ADI share price may be suffering from the "Simon Brown syndrome". Simon suggested it was a good buy a couple weeks ago in Finweek, resulting in increased trading activity at an artifically high price...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, I never tipped it as a buy, not ever it been one of my punts .. I wrote about in in issue of 14 Feb, copy as below

Solid results from Adapt IT show the growth by organic and acquisition is on track and so far working albeit off a very small base. This is very much the EOH model and as CEO Sbu Shabalala admits the acquisitive growth strategy is really more about people management than anything else. On the business side the recent acquisition of Aquilon shows just how the model works. Aquilon gives Adapt IT a new area of operation in the African oil and gas sector but also gives them a presence in Cape Town and expanded SAP skills. The latter two are then integrated into the wider company benefiting all the different components of the business. But as pointed out, more than anything this is about people management and that is very hard to measure especially in the short term and it gets harder as a company grows in size.
0 Kudos
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
And POY was also on BD TV SB Syndrome - maybe Super Brainy syndrome in the case of Simon Smiles
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hat was Giulietta Talevi
0 Kudos
Bigwig
New Contributor
Sorry that I "adaptit" what Simon said. :-)
0 Kudos