Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Whats the best value out there

platsak
Super Contributor
As can be seen by my posts of the last day or two I really manage to get it wrong (very consistantly. As a plan B I am Thinking of rather focussing on the best value shares out there with a longer term wiev. The type of shares that will recover faster once sanity returns albeit now or in years time. Any suggestions. Banks looks good. SBK, FRB
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
First step is to take a position Once you have this then look to your charts to verify that this is a correct choice verification can be through Technical analysis or adopting a fundamental approach but verify your position then ignore all the noise and seek a guru who has got the market 90% correct over a period of time Personally I am a big Clive Roffey fan go to summit.co.za and on the left side are his videos look at his one for the 08 Jan 2008 He says this year reverse all the 2006 & 2007 market gains and go GOLD GOLD GOLd this can be done either via warrants, ssf, instalmenst or the actual share but take a position you cannot be eveywhere Warren Buffet said people who diversify, dont know what they doing so take a path then follow it if you want my two cents worth follow the advice as per the video and go for gold
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
You should wait for the shares to turn on technical analysis. There is no reversal pattern on these shares yet. There might be more downside to go still IMO.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
INTHEMONEY.....you are totally wrong ...Roffey said the same thing in 2006 and ....in 2006 he warned of a end of the bull market in general equities and an outperformance of the gold sector during this period... ...the reverse happened.....after the correction before the most recent he said "I am very happy about general equities"...he failed to see that this was merely a normal retracement in a a short/medium trend downturn and we crashed....Roffey is a past master at covering his mistakes....he even fiddles the figures in desperation....I have correspondence from him in which he has done this....
0 Kudos