Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Whats the prospect for miners for the week

platsak
Super Contributor
How low will they go. How long will they take to recover once the power has been sorted. Must I take my losses and bail?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
Not sure we're emerging yet... this may have a while to fully play out. I'm sitting tight - neither buying or selling.
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Amazing how over a hundred years of gold mining can allegedly be destroyed by 1 days loss of power, get a life Mr Anglo new boy!! Many a older mine would have built its own power plant and or put in gennies sufficient to run the mine but these days the flash miners skimp on project budget and get shafted at times like these, take it like a man or woman like your CEO, CERUTTI TOOTI what every your name is fella, or sell pizza where you use wood fire for energy,lol
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I have a client that sells capacitor banks to the mines. Apparantly saves the mine or industry more or less enough to pay of the product in about 3 years with the saving. Big thing is the mine saves a lot of electricity. Maybe worth while to find out if any listed companies supplies these capacitor banks. Should benifet from the current fulpa.
0 Kudos