Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Whats up with SBK?

asylum
Super Contributor
All major banks up over 3% sbk down .2% what gives.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Beats me. I got out of HAR into SBK and now SBK disappoints. Just shows.
0 Kudos
Pam_1
Regular Contributor
Can't go wrong...go wrong...go wrong... Topping up a good company at bargain prices as we go along.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SBK will see R90 before long. Don't be fooled by the return move bounce, that will be your opportunity to exit. Wait for at least R90 to get in, it could go even lower... but that's only my opinion.
0 Kudos
Stock11
Contributor
don't think so!
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Skippy can you qualify your opinion?
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Maybe the China thing was not such a good idea after all. Somebody in there knows something we don't.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Very nice head & shoulders pattern divz. Neckline broken and now we have a return move. I'm a technical trader and don't know much about valuations and stuff like that. I hear it's on a very low PE? Investec was on a low PE weeks ago, did it stop it from plummeting? I don't know how or what the reason will be, but technically SBK is pointing to a much lower target. Remember when I called WHL for R15 when it was at R18 or so? BIL too, Similar situation here... just remember that whatever you do, KEEP A STOP LOSS IN PLACE!
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
Skippy, lets hope the former R100 resistance remains current support. With my luck SBK will go to heaven if I exit now.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Thanks Skippy it makes sense from a technical point of view. Yes is a low PE and SA got good bank report this week (from Moodys i think). For long term banks just seem very good value at this stage.
0 Kudos
Dr_Who
Occasional Contributor
Any bank with exposure to international asset backed securities, SIV's etc is in trouble right now. does anyone know if this applies to SBK? Thus far the SA banks seem to have weathered the storm fairly well.
0 Kudos