Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Whats your best trade/investment/(purchase and if done sale)

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I thought it would be cool to chat about our best trades/investments to date... always nice to think of the good ones...
0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
Preston
Super Contributor
Not purchasing AGL ,when the market analysts had a buy signal on it.
0 Kudos
kawcha
Contributor
Shorting ABLcfd one trading day before market close and the next day the results comes out in the morning. (which was the previous result annoucement)
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
dude, thats not really a trade/investment that you made, i was thinking more like the share and the price you paid?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
ok, rather something like this.... my favourate trade was buying EOH AT R4.15 and still holding it today. ok i bought more somewhen elese too, but not sure on the price yet, will find that out soon once i go through the remaining trades (i am making a list of all the purchase and sale orders i ever did)
0 Kudos
magicactus
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
reyden
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
FSR 27% gain ,WHL 21% ,after dividend recieved. Holding period 3 months.
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Warhippo, werner know all the details of my trades and profits:-)
0 Kudos
gamma
Contributor
Worst trade ... not buying CML at R16.70
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
yes, that's very true! your portfolio's going well!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Best trade in last couple of years,buying GND at R12 last year.Of course although its doubled in price my portfolio does not quite reflect that as i have more than doubled my holding at lows.Was hoping it would decline again ex- div.It was not to be.Pity
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I also got back into GND recently, maybe even a bit late, but over long term i think it will work well.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
DDT bought at 5.5c (consolidation adjusted) sold at 6480c ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Werner - my best trades have been with two or three companies that I have added to over time. This means that the % gain is not as good as some of my other shares, the overall rand value gain is much better. Example I bought a smallish chunk of OML at around 7 in early 2009, so my % gain is great, whereas I have been buying SPP and DST since 2002, or thereabouts, and by adding to my positions my % gain is lower, but amount much much larger.
Having said that, my best holdings are probably DST or CVH and SPP.
0 Kudos