Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

When to sell?

_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
Bought MUR @ 4400, currently @ 5165. When would be the best time to sell? Do you guys feel there is some more upside to it?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
striker
Super Contributor
If you are a trader,I would sell.If you are a long term investor, you should hold. OMO.
0 Kudos
SkarlakenKoos
Frequent Contributor
To guarantee maximum return (equal to local maximum - 10%), set a trailing stop loss of 10%. That way you'll safely maximise your return. Let the market take you out. For long-term, I'll just hold on, iff the fundamentals look right to you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that is just one of dozens of exit strategies. Marco, your exit strategy is way way more important than your entry. You need to spend some time figuring out which one you are going to use. Remember that your exit point should be relative to the amount of risk you were prepared to take when you entered. Not much point exiting for less than what you risked in the first place, unless you have some way of correctly calling the direction more than 60% - 70% of the time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
for what it is worth though, i acidentally got in with Aveng 2 days ago (I messed up my entry trigger). Now it looks like a swing trade - not the best one, since ADX is pretty low which means that htere is not much conviction in hte trend, but a swing trade non-the-less with higher lows and higher highs been set. I am going to ride it out. M&R looks pretty similar
0 Kudos
_Marco_
Frequent Contributor
I've set my stop loss @ 4950, more than happy to take my profits at that point. Hoping to see a slight upward movement which i feel is still going to happen.. lets see what happens in the market tomorrow
0 Kudos