Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where are all the people?

Maddog
Regular Contributor
Is it just my imagination or is this chat forum getting very quiet I remember 2 to 3 years ago it was humming with comments and when you looked at the last 30 posts you did not see 3 days worth
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Not applicable
No one's argueing with John anymore
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
If Simon PB gets rid of people like Chartist,what do you expect.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol .. with respect if this forum was only about one person .. well then it was never much of a forum .. more like a fanboi club .. surely ??
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Simon.when is the anniversary of banning Chartist?? If my memory serves me well he was kicked out March last year. I think some of fellows around here want to do an official mourning in respect of the all time great!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I suppose some of the long term investors were hit hard during the recession and traders also find it more difficult to trade under the conditions of high volatility hence the lower number of people around.
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Hi Maddog,Simon and others, it's been a while since I last posted a comment on this forum, can't say I miss Chartist, while I thought he was intelligent I found him arrogant and lost interest in his comments. I, like many other did lose some cash but like any other tragedy one gets over it. I was always a warrant player and still am, made a nice profit on some anglo calls yesterday,sold and am standing in the que again to pick up some at a lower level and cash in some 3c later.
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
Not eveyone who uses this site waste their time posting on this forum :)
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
Will somebody please ban me from this forum...
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
That can be or ORGanized! Banning u from entering any civilian area should have been done long time ago!! In this forum, we are not allowed to swear, I have seen stolen goods being traded which was also not allowed, but how do your racial comments pass the system very successfully each and every time...beats me!!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It's probably a good thing. Sort of a contrarian indicator, if you will. When the entire investment community starts "chatting" and "blogging," "tweeting" and "face-booking" its about time to leave.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Maybe many forumites moved to Sharechat.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Hi Org,any updates on when the big war is going to start?
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
I disagree, all of the above would be a indication of a bull market, (increased public awareness and particapation), the fact that forum chat on the decrease is not postive sign.....
0 Kudos
Mar-11
Super Contributor
Plus when people making money, they want to tell everyone, when they losing, the dont want to tell a soul.
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
I think TRESHOLD is onto something.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Man_T
Contributor
chertist: why was he expelled???
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I am inclined to agree that when too many plebs come back to the forum, it be about time to cash out.
0 Kudos
Asher
Regular Contributor
Don't cash out! Create an indicator. letsee: 1 - ((number of usefull post) / (number of posts))
0 Kudos