Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where did it all start

Not applicable
When and how did you all catch the trading bug??Some weekend trivia for all......
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
Please only discuss the trading bug and not any other bugs you may have caught....
0 Kudos
yrg
Frequent Contributor
SA Warrants competition 2005
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Can't remember, to long ago.
0 Kudos
webster_1
Frequent Contributor
Couple of years ago I was lecturing a course in economics and a student asked me the detail re JSE and trading process. To demonstrate I found a broker and bought R500 worth of RBW within a couple of days. (days before online trading).
0 Kudos
Captain_Kidd
Contributor
Guy came round couple of years ago flogging trading software and I thought I would give it a try. Best thing I ever tried !!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sounds like my story,not instaquote by any chance....
0 Kudos
Spike
Contributor
Picked up someone else's junk mail outside my house two years ago - gave me the idea. Stroke of luck. It comes to rule your life, dunnit?
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
Did not have supersport in the eigthies$%**^*$#@! Watch CNN .....business ticker tape....o ja and a great economics teacher!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I was looking for a good own business to have. Something that won't interfere with my day job. Then I saw a friend of mine reading a book of investing on the stock exchange. The world has never been the same afterwards!
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
The urge to play golf twice a week. I have not played since December.
0 Kudos
Captain_Kidd
Contributor
No ! shareTrakin Me. Odd thing is he sold software to nearly everyone in town, but so few of them actually participate in the market at all.
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
Use to log on to the ABSA website for internet banking and kept noticing the share price and the almost daily increase. Decided was time to get some ABSA shares and stop the hurt of the bank fees. strange how shares make the cost of the service charged seem more reasonable!!!!
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
Bought up a couple of hundred thousand STO at 5 cents (back in 2002 I think). Made some nice money and the rest is history.
0 Kudos