Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where do we go from here

qwest
Frequent Contributor
In the glorious "BULL MARKET" everybody makes money,even the teaboy wagers some of his hard earned money on the stock market,and he makes some money.Lo and behold enters the "Proverbial Uninvited Guest"This hideous,all destuctive Beast" which we call the "BEAR MARKET"(for this instance,leave out the"Shorting"of stocks or shares) Firstly the bear markt wiped out all the gains of the now dead and buried BULL Market. Secondly it sadly leaves in it's wake,loss of income for many poeple,businesses go bankrupt and people loose their jobs whichcauses hardship and inadvertantly truama which must be delt with separately. Lastly it embraces the scourge of our time----poverty which no government until this day could not solve.It does not only make the poor poorer it adds to their numbers.THerefore the ever growing "Devide" is eventually the only winner.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
john_1
Super Contributor
and your point is..
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
when you have too many (stupid) rats in the cage...nature takes it's course. Not darwinian at all, just common sense
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
unless the rats(pigs?) have political control...and embrace crony capitalism to survive and prosper while starving the masses...and all the while guaranteeing them that jobs will be created...soon?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
If the pigs are in control, What do we call the followers ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HEY ! hang on ... I called them M-keys way back and got kick off the forum for a month ,,, hier kom K@K
0 Kudos
ian_kotze
Regular Contributor
I remember such discusions and things are heating up now with things not so rosy anymore and the election around the corner, alot of fear out there.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I am only referring to the pigs...as in Animal Farm...didn't mention monkeys at all!
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Good grief, this has nothing to do with race. There really are too many (stupid) rats in the cage, regardless of religion, location, size, gender or skin colour. A black swan event of this magnitude generally donates 20% to the grim reaper. That would be 1bn people by present count nuh? That's my point, and see how we deny it until after the fact when the next generation looks back and says, 'feckin idiots!'
0 Kudos
Not applicable
??? Race ... Leaders nova the men in charge
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
if we dissect the fault lines and vulnerabilities in the global social fabric, the 20% sacrifice won't be demographically representative...
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
lol Hennie, actually BIG LOL!. Yep, we got trubble coming nuh? Can you imagine the garden gnome as our minster of far off affairs? It's really not so far fetched when you consider Bob the Knob is probably going to get 5 big 'uns from our depleted treasury nuh? Feck 'em I say
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
dookie
Regular Contributor
What did Churchill say again? Something like democracy is the worst form of government, aside from all the other types which have been tried from time to time. So it is with capitalism and the free market. George Soros, born under communism and having prospered in capitalism shows that you can extract the best from both and that thereby you have the best chance of making something which resembles ideal human flourishing.
0 Kudos