Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where is annie3 and her crystal ball now???

Maggie
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
venice
Super Contributor
I'll wear a dress and you can call me annie4. Seriously ask yourself whether you would buy MTX with its current chart pattern??. I don't see a bullish pattern here at all, holding this share is high risk because it has a bias to down based on the chart not the justification talk of the traders that went long too late, a close below 325 will likely lead to a test of the 250 support. Its all in the chart, i'll reenter a long position above 380 not now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agreed, if you bought around 1-4 june and held till 11/12 June and sold would have traded right (bought 240/250 and sold 350/380). Since 12 june the trend has been SELL, SELL, SELL. Nothing says buy right now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what if u have a longer term view say 6-12 months? are your feelings still the same or does the share hold value?
0 Kudos
bangbul
Regular Contributor
I got in at 167 on 2/3 & out at 335 this week. I'm wainting for 250 or really good news on world economy before touching this one again.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
I am an active trader and will hold as long as a chart remains bullish or bearish but IMO mtx was a sell when it tested 380 and failed to break through i.e double top. Now I have no idea but it looks to be forming a double top formation(bearish). I will get interested again at 380ish as i can't short the share on this platform. I can't and don't even try to see a week in the future.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Drop in OBV and drop in price. Bull or bear signal?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Take her for a ride in your Ferarri!!!!
0 Kudos
messager
Contributor
Metorex peaked on 11th 12th June at R3.90 and R3.95 this co-incided with copper's peak on 12th June at 2.40 US $ /lb subsequentially copper fell to +- 2.17 US $ / lb where it is now (/www.infomine.com/Investment/HistoricalCharts/ShowCharts.asp?c=copper). So do not fear Mtx is driven by copper, but remember Mtx has some hedging...details??? So when copper moves well above production costs this one will fly. Dilution of newer shares will impose a lower ceiling than previously though. Hang in there!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hey forget about crystal balls and hope. go and do some research about the company,visit their web site and read what they actually do.They arent only in to copper,here is something. ("The Metorex Group has evolved by assembling a portfolio of profitable mining companies with a well-balanced commodity mix and good growth prospects. The Group has a record of sustained profitability, despite the cyclical nature of commodity prices. Our current mining activities are in antimony, cobalt, copper, gold, fluorspar, platinum and zinc")good luck all.
0 Kudos
annie3
Frequent Contributor
am still here dont know where me mate eddie has disapeared 2. metorex is still going to go up. read the sens news. phone the boss. unlike some companies he actually owns shares in metorex and he does actually speak to the shareholderson the phone.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Don't know where eddy has gone either?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Not great Rich!I'm more on the sidelines at the moment.I'm short on AGL right now which is why it's surging higher.I don't understand... it moved higher cause of the extrata deal that might not happen.If it doesn't happen will the price go down or will everyone just have forgotten about the 15% move.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
AGL could go anywhere right now. Xtrata or someone else might bid more, or they might forget about AGL and buy each other. It could jump up or down in seconds, if the right/wrong SENS comes out.
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I'm doing ok with some resources longs, couple shorts, few long-term holds, but most money is out. S&P P/E is over 60. I wary.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
But that's a historical PE. It's anyone's guess what the forward PE is, but wouldn't it be significantly less?
0 Kudos