Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where is support?

Abundant_Lifest
Occasional Contributor
How low can Anglo go? Approaching R200 now. Any further downside? Any views?
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
john_1
Super Contributor
Angl trades as a proxy to the index so if the global makets tank anglo's will be dirrectly affected..As a result value can and does present itself in this share.
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
i went long this morning, i have seen very large volumes on call warrants for the past few days, looks oversold..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Based on the index we are on it now
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I went long as well R20050 level. Also think there is some serious value here. They have a wad of cash in hand and it looks like they will do whatever is necessary to get through this tiff. Basement seems to be R170.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi Platsak,interesting to see how u think....For myself am waiting to get into AGL and AMS calls,when platinum price climbs over any two days by at least a total of $40....All other metals produced by AGL are still tanking...i've noticed the price rise in platinum preceeds the share rise by between six th eighteen hours.
0 Kudos
foschinni
Contributor
Its rating has been severly downgraded by Fisch, any idea what that's gona do to the share?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Was looking at AGL chart this morning. Some support at this level BUT seems quite likely it could go to that 170/180 level again.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
More than likely now - my target is to start looking at longs at 180 down to 170 with a stop at 160. 200/202 support level now toast.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AGL was trading in a range between 200 and 250, with the 200 low just broken. Sell off potential is now quite high, IMO
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Skapp is right, only checked this now, didn't have a look at close yesterday. Its broken through the bottom of a couple of trend indicators, most important to me is the bollinger. Think its going to that 170 support line.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Monday will be an interesting day for this one. But don't see it green this week.
0 Kudos
kemp
Occasional Contributor
the support at 200 cane and this one is going to 260 in the next 2 to 3 weeks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
would you mind explaining to me how do you get to the support at 200, i do not understand, thank you
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Gister sa rapport... Anglo American se aandeelprys is tans besig om tussen verlede jaar se laagtepunt van R170 en R250 te konsolideer. Die groot sprong van R80 per aandeel in die tydperk is kenmerkend van die onsekerheid wat tans in die mark heers. Die belangrike steunvlak vir die aandeel (op 'n weeklikse sluiting) is R170. As die aandeelprys op 'n laer vlak konsolideer, is R150 die volgende ondersteuningsvlak. Die aandeel is reeds 65% laer as sy hoogtepunt. Beleggers gebruik tans die kans om aandele in die omgewing van R170 te koop en te verkoop as die aandeel in die omgewing van R250 draai. Dit bied 'n winspotensiaal van tot 36%. In die huidige onseker markomstandighede word langtermynbeleggers egter afgeraai om nog aandele te koop as die aandeel onder R170 konsolideer totdat 'n duideliker tegniese prentjie blyk. As die aandeelprys egter boontoe deur die vlak van R250 breek en daar konsolideer, kan dit daarop dui dat 'n herstellopie op pad is wat die Top-40-indeks hoër kan trek omdat die indeks deur die kommoditeitsaandele oorheers word.
0 Kudos
etrader
Contributor
Looks like the battle is on between bulls and bears.this share is bouncing all over today
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R170, here we come!!!
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I used the small rally to exit. 200 represents value. 170 represents much better value. Anyone thinking of entering at 170?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R160 entry for me...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R160 entry for me...
0 Kudos