Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where is the so called correction ?

Not applicable
There has been a lot of discussion around the expected correction the last week or so and the bears talked about "over bought" and "profit taking" and "shorting" ,we have a sentiment driven market and the main driver is the news ,true or false??
0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
WES
Super Contributor
I think our market sentiment is driven by the DOW, only problem is that there not justification for it, as our economy is still not showing any increase in consumer spending as the American market, so what you have is a bunch of bulls that is watching the Dow and raging through the market at high speed...... and over a cliff maybe......be patience, never under estimated the power of the bulls, it won,t last because the company results wont back it up....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not the Dow .. very minor correlation ..
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
forget the noise,trade the price!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Coming from eddie66 that is a very profound insight. Eddie, glad to see you found the trend...
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
thanks CPS,my insight is currently trading at 670k
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
SO you found out how to unwrap those crystals then.... Must be nice big ones you using to grow from 96 to 670.... Good luck and remember to lock in your profits ;-)
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Your misunderstanding.I'm still down 670,but it grew a little,it's at 107.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
My prob with the current market is that the current prices(in general) far exceeds the future earnings of companies and sooner or later the "news" is gonna burst the bubble and and we will do this whole excercise all over again ,DONT WE LEARN ANYTHING???
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we learn nothing .. of course we don't .. but that's great because if we then only trade the price there is easy money out there ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Oops, my mistake, but still well done to grow it from 88 to 107 in a shortish periode....another 3 years and you should be square ;-)
0 Kudos
WES
Super Contributor
Oppertunity knocks, wait for the correction......fear will set in ...and bargains will be in the market....September month is only a week away.....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes september .. what's our rhyme for september ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hope this little correction comes very soon to prevent a hell of a fall.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So what is it with all these market rhymes and sayings? Go away/Sell in May and return in October or what ever...we up like 25% since may so how is anything normal in this market? Each time we think a bul is gonna drop from exhaustion something gives it a red-bull ennama to carry on running.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
there is only going to be a hell of a fall.. if im wrong ur'l can all stop insulting eddy and can begin with me lol, but as i said, its a few days away, or a week and few days.. technicals say we could make a slightly higher low that march's one..
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
Why would you say little correlation? I'd say huge correlation. The dow tanks, the asians tank - we tank.
0 Kudos
CJ_1
Occasional Contributor
Kaching, why do you say "Far outweigh" future earnings? There are Many PE's hoevering around 6 instead of the normal 10's?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dow made a gravestone candle for the day at the close yesterday, I think we'll see your correction from today towards the end of the week.
0 Kudos