Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where is this going?

JohnDoe
New Contributor
Another major contract loss, and CEO statements like the loss "will not have a material impact on the Group's performance for the financial year to 30 June 2009." are not to my liking, no new project announcements and further vague CEO statements like "Current and future opertunities already identified in the region hold the potential to replace the forward order book." when we know that everything is being cancelled left right and centre, with expats being sent home! Im not pinning my hope on this stock any longer nows a good time to sell...
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
SKALA
Super Contributor
I am holding mine!
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
The bigger they are the harder they fall,especially in this field.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
bad news and the share still goes up... hows that work
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ill take your shares off your hand if you want at 80% of bp....
0 Kudos
Project_Directo
Super Contributor
Confusion surrounds the future of the $1.6bn Tameer Towers project in Abu Dhabi after the managing director of Al Habtoor Leighton Group denied its joint venture construction contract had been terminated. Murray & Roberts Holdings, a partner with the company on the project, announced to shareholders on Wednesday the contract for the development had been terminated. But speaking to Arabian Business on Thursday, David Savage, managing director of Al Habtoor Leighton Group, said: "The client is looking at his contract structure and working out how to deal with it and work is slowing down.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
This is Arab speak so as not to loose face; they are worse than the Chinks. The low oil price is hitting them hard, but they will continue to build.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
There's a lot of bull in reporting - the market responds in no predetermined way... Nedbank was up yesterday by about 480c, and down today by about 270c - for what reason? market powers "demand/supply" ?? resignation of non-executives?? bull ! The talks around continuing the M&R project in Abu Dabi are speculative - why would the oil trillonaires have to suspend anything? they are not economic minded (IMIO) and they have cash.
0 Kudos