Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where to from here at R203?

Abundant_Lifest
Occasional Contributor
Is it time to take profits now or could AGL still go further? Is R250 still possible or mor down side to come?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
asylum
Super Contributor
resistance around R243 trading on a box pattern at the moment so yes 250 is possible but so is 170.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It completed a bit of a scewed inverse H&S yesterday that projects up to over R230. Nice shorting opportunities await in that area if it starts to reverse.
0 Kudos
akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
I am gonna wait a little, not looking bearish, looks like buyers are in. Hope I have made the right decision perhaps use a trailing stop loss but not too tight.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
i,ve bought AGL at R4oo- any chance of this reaching that figure for the long term 24 months
0 Kudos
Not applicable
why stop at R400 - don't you want to make some profit?
0 Kudos
akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
Buy it again now, change your position and make profit sooner than waiting for it to reach R400 and 24 months.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or..., here's a controversial idea: why don't you short the stocks that are in downtrends and buy the ones in uptrends?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sell R203, Buy at R175 and simply repeat the process till you quite tired :-)
0 Kudos
akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
Started of very well, I want to sell today, is it too early or should i wait till later. Plse advise!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
All I can say, for what it is worth, is that I sold yesterday
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or until your stop kicks in.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
akash, i am loathe to give advice on these subjects, becuase you shouldn't let us affect your trading strategy. in this case though, and for today only, I am going to issue 1 warning bell. Today is the day on hte trading calender, because the US jobless reports come out. In a 1 month timeframe, this is the event that has probably the biggest influence on the markets and I would advise you not to be betting against this event. So if you have hit your profit target - then bear in mind that the chances of a 3-4% move on AGL in either direction are pretty high today.
0 Kudos