Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where to now?

asylum
Super Contributor
Banks and financials are getting hammered, resource share look expensive, retail is a no no with another interest hike looming, so whats left to buy??
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
What is that stuff that Brazen used to talk about buying when she made a profit?
0 Kudos
J_d_B
Contributor
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Asylum are you still holding ASA? I honestly think that rand hedge stock are the way to go now, RCH REM or SAB. Maybe buying the dollar is the best thing to do right now.OMO
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Rand hedge and COAL SHARES still have go to them.The great thing bout coal is that once its burnt its finished unlike metals etc that result in s***** that can be re-used.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
looks like the shorts are coming to power again. Gold selling off! The DOW reached the 200 ema! Bad earnings all around. But who cares the banks didn't want to move un inch, since there were local stories to sort out
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Where to now....i am off to Langebaan for a weeks fishing ........
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
I am at No 25 ...pull yards ahead..SIMBA
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Hi electrox yea still in asa and bleeding but will hold for the long term, looking at getting something more short term . Barry what about KIO?
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
me thinks retailers will be a good short next week. Interest rate hike and looming strike threat over working conditions. long i am thinking tech stocks in SA reasoning is that during tough economic time companies turn to efficiency. Technology to add to that the current skill shortage leaves them little choice but to look to technology. OMHO
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
result in s-c-r-a-p that is then recycled.Really this censorship thing is getting to me!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Please keep it clean,Barry.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Iron ore seems to have run to its fullest and perhaps if the US dollar starts recovering then prices might drop,see my comments under ANGold.How ever i have EXX installments which i intend to keep despite the knock today as they get 50% of their income from COAL,an interesting mix of base metals,industrial and mineral sands brings the rest of their income.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Luxury goods - Richement a good bet OMO
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
yes Rus,i'll really try!...whilst on the subject when i was commenting on the SAH coal share i mentioned that the Royal B-a-f-o-k-e-n-g were a major shareholder and that they only held the best companies.I really do hope that they are not customers of the Standard Bank as i feel they are treated in an insulting way in the chat forum!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
yes,see also my RCH comment.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
long term..don't know....extreme short term,banks. that consistant hammering has to temporarily ease at some point...get in,get out quick..omo
0 Kudos