Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where to today?

Frequent Contributor
Where does the forum see HAR going today? I'm looking to get in but at about 75.
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Rule #17 of the New Market Wizards:
"17. THE URGE TO SEEK ADVICE
The urge to seek advice betrays a lack of confidence. As Linda Raschke said, "If you ever find yourself tempted to seek out someone else's opinion on a trade, that's usually a sure sign that you should get out of your position.""
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
(Partly kidding, considering we're all sharing opinions. :)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
that is very very good advice.. "you know when you know!! and the rest of the time you are just tredding water."
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Thought you might like it. It's closely related to:

13. THE NEED FOR INDEPENDENCE
You need to do your own thinking. Don't get caught up in mass hysteria. As Ed Seykota pointed out, by the time a story is making the cover of the national periodicals, the trend is probably near an end.
Independence also means making your own trading decisions. Never listen to other opinions. Even if it occasionally helps on a trade or two, listening to others invariably seems to end up costing you money-not to mention confusing your own market view. As Michael Marcus stated in Market Wizards, "You need to follow your own light. If you combine two traders, you will get the worst of each."
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Strong rand may force Harmony review Allan Seccombe | Wed, 01 Jul 2009 12:01 [miningmx.com] -- HARMONY Gold will need to take "fundamental" look at its mines if the rand gold price remains at lower levels for another quarter, CEO Graham Briggs said on Wednesday.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
http://www.harmony.co.za/im/files/presentations/analyst_jul2009.pdf I dont understand why the market is not liking HAR look at their position. Lots of cash no debt last time I opened an economics textbook this was a good situation to be in?????????????????????????????????????????????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Remember the true saying "The market will remain irrational longer than you can stay liquid". But all that Richard says is true, but if like john says we are all sharing opinions and asking for advise then I guess books are one thing, your system is the other and this forum is a nice social meeting of minds (many times to differ). Any hot punts for this afternoon? ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
But with that said HAR is still a sellsignal in my system so I will wait for the right buy signal before stocking up again.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ok Who ignited Gold price? What have I missed? It went up 12 dollars in a matter of minutes (opening of NYMEX).
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CPS check:..http://www.goldprice.org/spot-gold.html IF you track it everyday youl notice that there are often signifficant up and down shoots occuring in the NY COMEX time frame.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There is nothing that says HAR is a short term buy. Harmony looks like a screaming sell to me. Gold is hovering between 920s and 945 -struggling to break 945s. I agree fundamentals are excellent, but only long term investors will profit on that!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
PS The gap between HAR and GFI has been hovering at around 10% share price difference for a couple months now - and the last week the gap has almost increased to 20%! :) Bad for now, but when we do go up it will go up fast
0 Kudos