Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where would the wise man go on Monday ?

Not applicable
DRD @ R3.80 OML @ R7.50 BAW @ R47.50 or any other suggestions??
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
Vano
Regular Contributor
IMO a wise man will sell DRD on Monday at whatever price he can get.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
okay valid point with the erpm issue where would you go other than drd
0 Kudos
Robbie
Regular Contributor
Agreed ! And then buy it when Gold hits $600
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
EUR-USD should come down to 1.21. Gold to Fibs 50% at 625. DOW retest the 2002 low. Would u agree??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
support with the dow is 7900, break below that will see the dow testing 6'000
0 Kudos
sharepicker
Occasional Contributor
Buy General Electric than sell them at a later date at the price Warren B bought them! (Does anyone know what price he paid for them?)
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The 7900 was that the intraday low on 10 OCT?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
EURUSD closed the session right on 1.26 and XAU is up to 733.30
0 Kudos
Not applicable
levels are tested at closing prices not intra day, same with the jse, test level is 18400 and went yesterday below that but recovered to 18459
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
OML @ 7.50 is a screaming buy I bought at 7.50 and have orders in at 7.00 and at 6.50. If it goes below that I will put more orders in at 6.00 at 5.50 at 5.00 at 4.50 and we will cross the lower bridge if we get there.
0 Kudos
Dex
New Contributor
Here's my take: It's all in the US$ index right now. All clues for direction will come from there for the next several weeks. This applies to PMs, Gms and comodities. The US$ is in a short squeeze of epic proportions due to hedge fund liquidations and repatriation into Yen and US$. Short term the $US looks toppish and due for a pull back to its 50 day MA (79-80 right now). The pullback will be asignal for a long trade in gold, PMs and probably comodities and even the GMs. The reason I think so is that it will be sign that the liquidation pressure is easing for a while. It may be very quick so speed will be required to take advantage for a scalp on the PMs. Technically, I like GFI for a scalp but they will release poor results on WED IMO so it's risky. I'm in for a trade but plan to be out before they release their results. Beyond that - my target is 92-93 on the $US. When it turns up again I plan to be ALL out till it gets there (if it does) because everything will tank as it moves up. If it breaks above 93 and sustains then look out below for gold, comodities, PMs and GMs IMO. Just sharing my trading plan. In these markets anything can happen so it may not play out this way hence very tight stops required. Let's see what happens.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Looks like some hammering is going to come this week.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Yep, agreed. I'm keeping close watch on the EURUSD, EURJPY and USDJPY. It's amazing how they lead? I've had a beautiful run on EURUSD shorts. BUT!!! we gotta watch Wednesday with a very likely -25bps cut in the US. Any more and the cat will be among the pigeons.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
the EUR is getting hammered by the USD and JPY. Expect Europe to drop like a rock on the open
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
EURUSD now at 1.24 and currency markets are targeting 1.16 and that will hurt EUR markets big time
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
HOOHAH! did anyone see that DAX open? Totally insane man! 200 pips down and 200 up inside a minute and in the 2nd minute a hundred down! That was awesomely fearful!
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
to the beach...and wait for the fog to clear and the turmoil to subside....
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
mamma mia Asia is looking 'orrible. Hang seng closed -12.7%. This is going to be a wild week indeed
0 Kudos