Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Which way ......

Not applicable
Well, seems this is a stubborn share... but as any good investor knows you have to hedge your speculations. Buy a few for the reverse direction to cover the stop loss you might suffer. That way you are always covered. If the share did reverse as we all expect it to then you just average down your calls until you break even (or take the smaller stop loss whichever is your tactic and the lesser of two evils.)
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
I must be a sucker, increased my position by another 10% and a few warrants to ride it out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It is approaching the 90 day to expiry so the time decay and gearing are going to be tricky in the comming weeks. All we can do is watch and see. Will look at a position later in the week again and decide. BTW I see very big volumes (abot 150k per day or more on underlying SAP) at trade end every day for the last few days. Can anyone actually say if was a buy or sell on these volumes everyday for the last 5 trade days? If it is all sales then we are looking at serious profit taking and the sign for a down trend is setting up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Honestly this can go either way! 21 should be very strong though. I am out couple days ago. Should it break 26 tomorrow that could prove vitally important and it can run to 32, then I am going to kick myself for selling :( 90 days is a long time, I don't see it trading above 32 in that time frame though, enough time to make a profit however - my 2c :)worth....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Snap1 I agree, I saw on the NYSE that this one has been gaining at the same relative pace as back here over the same period. Closed 6.5% higher (as with SA). Now question is does NYSE lead JSE or does JSE lead NYSE prices? If we could figure this out then who knows. OMO..so all I guess is wait and see where to and decide over lunch what to do.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also keep an eye on Rand dollar fluctuations - has effected the SAP price on NYSE big time as we have been very volatile last couple weeks..
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
I dont mean to gatecrash this party,but why would anyone be holding this stock, when there are many shares with far greater prospects right now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Striker, Sure there are great stocks out there, Nice to play in diverse sectors though. Would you be prepared to impart some of your picks?
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
Everything just looks like a heavy fall is on the way...Lets look at the facts.This share is trading at 10% off its hihg.There's a low demand and pulp prices are down.Furthermore the share is up over 30% in the last week.Having said all this,the market is so sentiment driven at the moment,and the US are talking themselves positive with unemployment being better than expected,fact is it's still bad!!! Sad part is we follow all the other markets.Really wish I knew that it was going down,cause then I'lll be a little wealthier :)
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
CPS - mostly all the heavyweight resource counters (like Barry I think coal stocks look good),SOL is reving up,OML still a buy, banks about to turn.Only industrials to be wary of.OMO.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Looks like it is starting to stall(was getting worried for a moment)if it a normal lazy friday, we could be in for some nice profits. gold and plat on the rise:)
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
jack12-I know you're short on SAP,where will you start taking profits.Do you think the market will go up tomorrow and what implication does the rise of gold and plat have on this share?
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
it's going down down down
0 Kudos
gamma_spike
Frequent Contributor
here we go....
0 Kudos
eddy66
Super Contributor
I honestly don't know what this shares problem is! It goes up while everything's going down???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Its the supply and demand situation.The people who own this shares know about the poor results and the bad conditions for the company.Thats why so many of them want to sell at the best prices they can get.What the people think who buy at these high prices i dont know.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
All we can do is see what the DOW and other markets do. If the bank stress tests are worse than expected we will see a sudden correction, but if the market has factored the price in over the last little while (from the "leaked" results) then the sentiment of talking themselves positive could persist for a little while longer. OMO and lunch was pretty tasty, only result I decided is to hang on a little longer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well, Stress results are pretty in line with the leaked results and on a par, my opinion is the fact that they can achieve the short falls without intervention, but we will only know in 30 days (time the banks have to submit proposals for fund raising.). Share declined slightly on NYSE but I wonder if it will result in they same here. I guess a long position for a while is then called for on this share after all.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
I will stay with the shorts, bought another 5% yesterday. I thought it would have dropped by now. above Bol, below 200 MA RSI 60 and diverging& MFI 75%. Sometimes everything tells you down but they still go up....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would agree with the short hold but have to make some money while paddeling around the big pond ;-)
0 Kudos