Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Whl

Russ
Super Contributor
Another short.
0 Kudos
39 REPLIES 39
Werner_1
Super Contributor
You know. maybe you are right, i dont short companies, but i would like a correction on woolies so that i can buy more shares!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Around 73.50 maybe?
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
At approx. what price would you then do that Werner?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am not sure on the exact price that i would buy more, but i want to see if a decent correction occurs now and then when it turns and looks like it will not fall further i will get more. so not sure on the price exactly, i dont work on exact prices.
0 Kudos
Bouwer
Super Contributor
Where is Preston with his R57 when you need him...
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. (Warren Buffett)
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
That's true, so the cheaper the price for the value that is growing, the better the deal. I want to check out some calculations and see what it tells me, maybe i can put an estimated target price together, but normally i am not looking for specific prices.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
that is 3 months worth of price action you have to get through first to get to R73. I would say it is too late to short - it might go down on or 2% more, but I am betting that will be it. I on the other hand, am holding with the plan to accumulate more around the R78 mark
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Was it not R52
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
so anyone already buying woolies shares again?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I see a lot of shares oversold on daily chart but still heading down on weekly and monthly charts. So expect relief rallies but I think sellers will take the chance to off-load with each bounce.omo
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
to be honest, i would like a good drop and acquire a lot more woolies shares for long term... so lets see.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
What's a "good drop" ......
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja Werner, I would be cautious of Woolies - at 22 times price earnings, and the purchase of the Auzzie entities are at similar price earnings multiples. It is fine if they are posting 20% gains, but they haven't lately, and the aussie market is supposed to be fiercely competitive.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
if i buy more i want a 20% drop... or something like that, otherwise i will just hold my shares so long.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
yes, i will be watching what happens with them, i would like a 'nice drop' but we will have to see if that occurs or not.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
20% of what price...would R52 be 20% drop?...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
20% is a rough figure, i don't work on exact values like that, i am not a trader and as a result its all based on what i think the business will do and if i believe it will grow over the long term, 5 years+. that being said, 20% off the high, whatever that is. i have a 'special model' calculation i normally run, but need to do this now, but at current levels i know it will fail my acquisition level, so if it falls i will look into it.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
around R67...all in at 57.
0 Kudos