Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Who buys 151 shars at 45c??

luis
Occasional Contributor
what is he trying to acheive?, this share with all the positive news on the company as well as good results seems to just continue to slide...any ideas why?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Tich
Occasional Contributor
There has been a few small batch buys?, maybe the buyer(broker) is rounding up a larger order for some client? Note the Dir Dealings report , there is a lot of buying going in lately. Very interesting, A little dig deeper is warranted.
0 Kudos
luis
Occasional Contributor
i know but there was no trade yesterday and this one was about 2 hours before the other trades came in. This share is well under its NAV, i recon even at 65c it is still cheap.
0 Kudos
luis
Occasional Contributor
On the issue of Dir Dealings, these were bought by the Group Share trust in connection with their anticipated aquisition, see the sens report on the 8th April
0 Kudos
Tich
Occasional Contributor
Right now I have noticed what I think is called a "Tree shake", when someone is deliberatley trying to sell the share price down this activating the automated stop-losses set on their systems. The wolf then climbs in , watch this space , i expect a rapid climb in a week or more's time. Is it also not that precious time period close to results announcement. I read about "Tree shake" activities in a good book called THE NAKED TRADER by Robbie Burns . = Brlliant book , one of my best investments.
0 Kudos
luis
Occasional Contributor
great, thanks for the advice!!
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I had such a "tree shake" happen to me a week or so ago - I bought HAR at R78, it went up to R85, I had a trigger at 1.5% below, and within the space of 1 minute, the price dropped below my trigger of R83.80 and went back up to R85! This caused me to miss HAR going to R90! *****s! I guess this is how you learn - be careful with those triggers, only use them when really necessary!
0 Kudos
Tich
Occasional Contributor
What I suspected appeared to be the case, I bought @45 and decided to hold after the tree shake as I will only use automated stoplosses if I cant watch my stocks on a daily basis +/- x3 times a day. If I am in a position where I can't, like going on holiday overseas for a week or two and Xmas/New Year period etc..thats the only time I will. Well today Onelogix bounced back sharply after dropping nearly +/-13% in a couple of hours, definately a tree shake (metinks).
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I think I might try pick up a few myself at around those prices.
0 Kudos
Gan
Not applicable
interested in your NAKED TRADER book can you supply me with ISBN number Tks Gan
0 Kudos