Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Who has a blackberry

Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
What became of the potatoes, John?
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
the voicemail conversion to text has alreaqdy been done by vodacom,via spinvox. Its BRILLIANT!! as far as the 9700 goes, not available in sa yet, we have brought in 150 or so for those that cant wait for the april release
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Have you tried a spike in the garden and measured the voltage to an antenna, Tv arial etc? or to a zinc roof. In recent tests we have found between 1,5 and 22 volts of free electricity. you will need a step up/down transformer to charge a battery.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The potatoes, grew..The cigarette patents are still alive and well.. I have SARS approval. I am waiting for the PCT search reports, and then I go back to BAT and to Philip Morris.. Thing are looking great for 2010..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
how do I get this for my Phone.. I am notorious for not listerning to my messages.. I am a vodacom subscriber, I have a BB Bold?
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
look on the vodacom site, its called spinvox. you jus send an sms and then its all taken care of in 24-48 hours. only problem is you now end up with 25 unlistened to voice mails. but its amazing and has really made a big difference for me
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
thanks will check it out
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
excellent. ms, what does the 9700 go for compared to the 9000 - i negotiated with MTN to get an early upgrade - took very long but got them agree to give me new phone from the 1st Jan 2010 - i actually want the 9700, but would possibly end up with 9000...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
werner, I found that the vodacom package was much cheaper with vodacom so I moves..200minutes a month vs R200 for the same price= double the amount free calls.. MS will know more
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Really John - I've got MTN, and paying R375 for the 200 package. But I also get 25% off my calls and data bundles. Should I consider moving to Vod?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
just check first...
0 Kudos
of
Frequent Contributor
I have BB bold great phone however I seldom use all functions some never even used standard bank does operate well through opera mini once again I seldom need to use it, Hope I get to use the other functions before next upgrade
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Werner be careful with blackberry bold you only get gprs or edge connectivity. The downloads are very slow. Rather go for a blackberry handset which supports hsdpa/3G, the downloading will be much faster.
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
the new bold has 3g so it goes much like the current one.they retail at R7300 without a contract
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
bold has 3g..I have had mine for over a year
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
ms, do you know if MTN supplies these on contract at the moment, i asked the guy at our MTN shop and he is going to let me know, but i would like to hear from other sources as well? BB Bold was the first 3G phone from RIM - thats also the reason i want it, it also has HSDPA (3.5G) - The new one (9700 is slimmer and has better camera, very cool phone)
0 Kudos
ms
Contributor
they havent been launched by the networks in sa just yet,have heard different launch dates in sa from feb-april.but yes its basically a much cooler phone
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I'm not sure who your MTN service provider is but you can change your contract every 20 months. I've done this several times now without any hassles.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yip, thats what they do, mine should have been due for an upgrade on the 26th jan but i organised to get it on the 1st (soonest in january, possibly the 4th).
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
Apologies i confused it with the curve 8900. You are quite right the BOLD supports 3g/hsdpa.
0 Kudos