Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Who has been here longer than 18 months like me?I c lot of

Russ
Super Contributor
Been here since Sasol was a penny stock.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
What has happened to Zarp. Did he change his name. He was as verbal as Chartist. at some point someone said Zarp and Chartist were the same person. Brazen, Zarp and Chartist shared lots of insight since I joined in 2005 but at that stage I did not understand warrants and futures. Who was it who was gonna buy a car reg called SOLQ?
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
I have been trading and investing for 40 years. You will not believe what some of my long term shares are worth today that I bought 40 years ago. Been with SCMB since 2000. In the old days we used to phone our brokers and discuss share purchases at length. You cannot fathom what bad advice I was given by so calles professional brokers. I now run a few portfolios for myself, my family trusts and a few portfolios for business consortiums (up to ten investors who contribute monthly) I enjoy all the bull***** on this site and am amazed that some of the so called hallowed gurus on this site are at the very bottom of the "arbiter" competition. ( Not that I am very high up like my daughter sk)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
since 05' learnt fom the school of hard knocks but love the thrill market never fails to fascinate ; can u guys see the sentiment changing around us could be a bounce or a new trend - HOLD ON TIGHT ITS GONNA BE A BUMPY RIDE
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hozit. I have been around a while, always learning and I love it.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also still around....although living on the other side of the planet now.
0 Kudos
Big_Bucks
Super Contributor
Been here for about 4 years, still enjoying the barrier warrants calls and puts. Never buy shares ...too slow and ROI does not suit my appetite
0 Kudos
ABuzz
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
been on the site since 1999. in those days standard bank held investment seminars in a small room at the Hyatt in Rosebank at which a few 10's of people came. We all got snacks and drinks in those days. Now I doubt that the bank would bankroll the snacks for the several hundred folk you see at the Sandton Sun...
0 Kudos
dbm
Frequent Contributor
Been here since 2002 when this outfit first started. I enjoy watching what people have to say. I am also a Bull on the market from here on
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Since '98, but took a sabatical for 8 years when i nearly sore parts of my anatomy not easily viewed!
0 Kudos
kels
Contributor
I have been around since just after the system was made available but can you believe this is the first time I have posted anything on the forum.I read the comments often and find a lot of the banter very interesting and often entertaining. I am in it for the long term and whilst I buy quite regularly I haven't sold a share in over 5 years!
0 Kudos
Harley
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well good on ya for finally overcoming your shyness and posting! Please post regularly from now on - we newbies could benefit from your experience!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
cant believe u have resisted not to add a comment for such a long time
0 Kudos
bilow
Contributor
Since 2002 enjoy the laughs still hoping for better days.
0 Kudos