Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Who is aboard for a gap close

john_1
Super Contributor
So who is going for this one...on the day closes have been few and far between of late.
0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Oh Hennis I thought I could count on you.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
sorry read that wrong, Iam in this should close
0 Kudos
murgs
Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
read its as board of gap plays lol
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
see, I knew you were lurking
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I think we might just see a little rally today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yes and now the market she is broken....big lags...anyway its keeping me in the trade...nice 400 pts so far...thatl pay for lunch
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
What's for lunch? Details please. I'm feeling peckish.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
prolly do the usual which is Greens in High Constantia....I like River Cafe but I have run out of desigber handbags and u wouldnt be seen dead without one in this place...Greens always nice and u can watch the passing parade...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Im out at 690.. 1000 points per contract from last night..should pay for my wife next designer handbag.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
should see more here holding
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How come opening GAPS on the ALSI or TOPI don't show on my daily statistics - viewed through Amibroker? All my opening & closing prices seem to be the same, with rare exceptions. Is this normal, or is my data skewed?
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Careful, that little rally is on the back of a EURUSD surge from 1.24 to 1.2560. Asian and German buying 2bn EUR caused this pop but it's faded. EURUSD now rolling over back to 1.2450 and can break out either way. However, the bias is bearish for the EUR
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John, where are you based, Joburg or CT? Or somewhere else entirely?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
My head is usually somewhere else entirely but my body resides in Cape Town
0 Kudos
boston
New Contributor
Being relativley new to the world of day traders, i wonder if one of you could answer a few questions? 1. I often see you talking about trading the gap? Is this the difference between what the ALSI closes at and what it opens at the next day? If so, how do you trade this (STX40?) and secondly, how do you determine, 'forecast' this happening? Thank you
0 Kudos