Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Who knows there wine!

Wizard
Super Contributor
Yeah that Zonnebloem is nice! ;)
0 Kudos
Running_bull
Frequent Contributor
Agree with avs, backsberg range is a quality wine and wont break the budget.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there is a range called simon something. orange/yellow label and four styles. Low R20's per bottle, very good.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Beyerskloof Pinotage is also fairly good for a R 30 - R 35 price range. You can also pick up a couple of tubs of their pinotage frozen yogurt. Beyers Truter was also head (I think) winemaker at Kanonkop so he knows his stuff.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I personally like the two Rupert and Rothschild wines, the "2002 Rupert & Rothschild Classique" is the cheaper version but is great value for money. The "2001 Rupert & Rothschild Baron Edmond" is more complex but also great tasting both is available at Makro.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Skyhawk - i am seriously opposed to Russian Bear vodka. The last time i drank that, i lost 2 fingers and an ear in an unfortunate chainsaw accident. According to the American Journal of neurology, white mice forced to drink large quantites of Russian bear, suffered emotional intergration problems and episodes of manic depression, apart from shocking episodes of psodomy. I cannot discourage members of the forum enough from drinking this vile, yet entertaining fare.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Alto Rougue 2005: R35 Approx. Meerendal 2002 Cab Sav-Merlot R50 Approx.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cool aid, me special herb n'potion mixture (I'll send you some) and you'll have the best party, man. In fact, the flashbacks'l keep remindin you of it for years.
0 Kudos
Tyger
New Contributor
Have a look at www.getwine.co.za. They offer some very good unlabled wines at good discounts and deliver it at your door.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What about sangria? Cheap red wine, lemonade and sodawater. Add ice and fruit.
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
That is funny.... russian bear brings out the Bull in you!! Ha Ha It remind me many years ago travelling down Schoeman street in PTA, my hazards flashing skipping all the red lights and being pulled over by the traffic dept and flying squad... hell R300 bucks fine at that stage a third of my salary....geez that was fun!
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Roodeberg if you can get it at R50. Good alrounder, good VALUE.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LG my local wine shop has that on special at R18 does that mean I should buy as much as I can because it now represents good value at a discount or is it just cheap plonk?
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
John please provide details so I can stock up. Perhaps you should check again before you reply.
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Just to clarify it is the KWV Roodeberg.
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
Anybody like waterford.Its the only wine I found in a Ny bottle store (and ernie els).Waht about tassies a good old matie favourite.
0 Kudos
MichaelR
Regular Contributor
I had a nice glass of Drosty-hof claret select , out the box and it was quite nice. Cheers I will have one more on Old Muual for a Big Long.
0 Kudos