Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Who needs Manual anyway?

G_V_V
Super Contributor
You two again stroking each others egos in public.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
You should see what we do in private. Actually you can, log onto our website - Russ&Brazen-we-have-our-own-teeth-and-hair.com.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
No thanks, I don't want to get a virus just by looking at you two.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
sigh. .. . if only you were a hundredth as witty as you are bigoted and ignorant. . .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cheers Zephyr , that's nice , I like that .
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Yes,and don't worry,GVV,no self-respecting virus would come anywhere near you.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
That's why I'm the anti-virus and you're the anti-Christ. LOL
0 Kudos
juggie
Contributor
Has anybody noticed that everytime GVV gets cornered he attacks the person personally,also despite all the religion he throws around another thing to remember is "who was GODS most trusted confidant"therefore he knows the bible just as well and definately better than you and I,so maybe this GVV is the one cast out from Heaven to dwell in Hell forever as stated in the Holy word
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
This is my hell topic juggie, at least I can have the curtsy to respond to my guests.
0 Kudos
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
guys, honestly...this is becoming a bit childish!!!!
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
What's the difference between "a curtsy", and "the courtesy"?
The same as the near canal and the far canal
0 Kudos
BRE
Regular Contributor
Well I am from Cape Town, and with so many whites participating in the Coons Carnival these days, I could very well be, couldn't I?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
1. curtsy (Webster's dictionary) n. Same as Courtesy, an act of respect.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I agree, if you post a childish comment you get a childish answer.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
It just sounds so funny that Manual was a member of the Cape Coons and now his a member of Parliament. I often see him walking along the beach front in Sea Point and I can tell you that he is a nobody without his minirterial frock on.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You quote the dictionary the same way that you interpret the bible - erroneously. From http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/curtsy: "an act of civility, respect, or reverence made mainly by women and consisting of a slight lowering of the body with bending of the knees". Nowhere does it say it is synonymous with "courtesy" - because it is not.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
It was not a quote that was changed, it was a copy and paste. Maybe you should look at the word courtesy then, point 5. cour·te·sy (kûrÆtA s" or, for 5, kûrtÆs"), n., pl. -sies, adj. -n. 1. excellence of manners or social conduct; polite behavior. 2. a courteous, respectful, or considerate act or expression. 3. indulgence, consent, or acquiescence: a "colonel" by courtesy rather than by right. 4. favor, help, or generosity: The costumes for the play were by courtesy of the local department store. 5. a curtsy. -adj. 6. done or performed as a matter of courtesy or protocol: a courtesy call on the mayor. 7. offered or provided free by courtesy of the management: While waiting to board the airplane, we were provided with courtesy coffee. [1175-1225; ME curteisie < AF, OF; see COURTEOUS, -Y3] -Syn. 1. courteousness, civility, urbanity. 1. courtesy (Webster's dictionary) 1) n. Politeness; civility; urbanity; courtliness. 2) n. An act of civility or respect; an act of kindness or favor performed with politeness. 3) n. Favor or indulgence, as distinguished from right; as, a title given one by courtesy. 4) n. An act of civility, respect, or reverence, made by women, consisting of a slight depression or dropping of the body, with bending of the knees. 5) v.i. To make a respectful salutation or movement of respect; esp. (with reference to women), to bow the body slightly, with bending of the knes. 6) v.t. To treat with civility.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It's nice that you've figured out what "courtesy" means. But what does "curtsy" mean?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
LOL Do you think I am a horse that I type standing up with my head in the clouds or do you think I sit with bended knees and a bowed head so I can see what I'm typing? I suppose you only understand a courtesy from a women when she does a curtsy on top of you. Come on Tomato I am only pulling your leg but you will feel it in your heart.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
From THE source of English, not those loons across the pond, who've changed it....
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/curtsy?view=uk
curtsy (also curtsey) noun (pl. curtsies or curtseys) a woman's or girl's formal greeting, made by bending the knees with one foot in front of the other. verb (curtsies, curtsied or curtseys, curtseyed) perform a curtsy.
http://www.askoxford.com/results/?view=searchresults&freesearch=courtesy&branch=&textsearchtype=exac...
courtesy /kurtisi/ noun (pl. courtesies) 1 courteous behaviour. 2 a polite speech or action, especially one required by convention.
0 Kudos