Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Who's joined the forum in the last 3 months.

Rossi
Contributor
Hi guys and girls..... I have recently joined the STd bank forum and must say I'm really enjoying it. Reason I joined is I'm currently studying to Write CFA 1 and want to just put the information I am learning to the test, I currently am staying in the Gauteng area and actually working in a field totally opposite to this. One thing I have realised is I enjoy the hype and excitement of trading shares and to be honest my boss has caught me out ones or twice being on the website... Any tips about the website will be appreciated..... How was MRF a few weeks ago, I love that share........
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tips? Yes, always make sure you have some work open at the same time as the website, that way you'll be able to alt-tab quickly between the two applications when the krokernoster pulls in. Secondaly turn on the auto-hide option on the taskbar, that way the cheese wont see the sbk site there upon arrival. Don't mention it... SI
0 Kudos
Rossi
Contributor
Thanks, I have made the adjustments..... hahahahahaha
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I too am a newbie of 3 months or so. I know my place and limit my responses. Oh I'm a boss too. Thanks for informing me re what to look out for amongst my poor workers.
0 Kudos
moneycat
Contributor
Greetings! Joined forum last week. Gautenger. Technology.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
So I am a Pharmacist we like the detail I know the industry very well had the privilege of having to brief the Investec analyst every 3 month on company performance of a big listed company make your guess lots to choose from it was like taking candy from a kid when she walked in and just smiled always wondered how you compete against that no charting is going to beat that .The VOX deal a few days ago market marker with a smile only answer ,Now I am in Africa and the chat forum I check out every day to catch up on the news in Nigeria ( you can buy a cell phone here half price ), Ghana, Cameroon ,Kenya ect .So now I have had the benefit of experiencing the leverage power of network marketing first hand .guess what I am trying to say is there are many trading platforms out there competing for a slice of retail traders money like mine the better we work with each other the greater the result leverage is the word so my 5 cents says lets add what we know with who we know and make the money sharing the knowledge will give the results I think we can get a lot out of this group if its not seen as competitive
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
That's a mouth full Surf Rat... Hi I am new, I am addicted , and I need help... Day job in the legal sector.
0 Kudos
Guardian
Contributor
Hi all, I've been hire for about 4yrs, but have been away for the past 20mnts. I should just log on to monitor my shares, however, I will be on more often as I will opening my own business and will have more time. It's nice to see some of the oldies here...Barry,Niaomi,Brazen,Chartest etc...haven't seen Goldie on though?
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Well since we spilling the beans, male, small steel fabricating business, got burnt big time in '98. But love the trading and enjoy reading the forum, portfolio is up about 10%, thanks guys!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi There guys, Just to let you know when I started I knew really nothing, and I asked all the questions on the forum and allot of people gave me good sound advise or where to go look for better information on the subjct and i'm still here after more than 2 years and I thank everyone on the forum for that, I really asked dumb question there was the odd one here and there that gave silly remarks but then there iss the guys that know they were YOU ones and assist you as far as possible so to the new ones ask your question and I'm sure u will get good advise and just ignore the other remarks! I i'm still learning but know a bit more now and can start looking for answer elsewere aswell but still come to the forum and get oppinions! Guys just remember we all were there ones
0 Kudos
Rossi
Contributor
I agree we all where there ones and I'm still there...hahahahah Any of you guys watching MRF, see it broke the 4 barrer...let hope it stays there... any takes or ideas on what it will be doing??
0 Kudos
J12
Frequent Contributor
Hi everyone. I'm new as well. Just on a learning curve right now so I'm trying to avoid speculating too much. I work in credit. Maybe in a few months time I'll be able to add some value to this forum. For now, I'm just trying to be a safe investor... and it seems to be working.
0 Kudos