Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Who took a knock in the past 2 days?

Werner_1
Super Contributor
hi, i just wanted to here your stories about this correction, it was expected but still caught me offguard and wiped out some of my SSF positions... Who experienced similar things?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Paribus
Contributor
Yeah, I got corn-holed. But I'm still alive.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
well i am also still alive to live another day... Good luck for the next round.
0 Kudos
Mic
Super Contributor
I made a killing on topdwy!!!!
0 Kudos
trigger
Frequent Contributor
me i am a hurting, bil and sol have not been kind to me after been nicely in profit on Tues.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
BILQ- Mar-07 is giving me a pain in the neck - i am still holding on .. the charts and the stars say i am in a good position but fundamentals say there is going to be some more down side - your advice here please forum buddies - where to..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I had that ssf yesterday, but had to sell it as it ate all my cash up, BIL is in the copper business and the copper is not doing well at the moment, but that is only one observation, another is that BIL's oil business will get hit by the weaker oil price, i got out because i also believe more downside can be expected. but we must see...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Werner , - that sounds like two good reasons to get out - i am not getting out yet though - going to wait for next week . Here is a interesting historical copper charts page that confirms what you are say. http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/copper_historical.html.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Hi Up, i got out at a bad price, if i held on until today it would have been better, but maybe it still gets a bit better for you, i think over the past 2 days it dropped alot and a bit of a recovery is still possible even if the longer term trend is on the bear side, but that is again only my observation. GOOD LUCK!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have been looking at other SSF to get into and i am considering Sappie ( SAPQ Jun-07 ). If I look at AmiBroker weekly chart for Sappi from year 2002 until know it looks to me to be in rather a nice steady growth phase starting April 2005 . Will this continue I wonder .umm I think so ..
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
i will also look at SAP, i thought of a accumilation plan idea for buying STX40 SSF's as the market recovers, what do you think of this idea? i have a whole idea to it but did never try it out so far.
0 Kudos
org
Super Contributor
look at tech analysis section u wiil see market is too high.see gold-eagle.com. buy puts rather
0 Kudos