Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why O Why am I looking at GFI

Brazen
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
26 REPLIES 26
Not applicable
yeah - me too :)
It bounced off a 61.8% retracement yesterday - I got a lil nibble at 12500
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
It will do well don't u worry
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Hate to use this phrase BUT it looks like it may have bottomed. All this volatility of late and it's pretty much stuck. I think a small installment is in order. GFIIHB looks good - barrier at 104 or GFISTA with no barrier.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You still playing warrants B? I could have sworn you'd converted to SSF's.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
No warrant Avs baby, they're for the birds. Only installments and SSFs. But, an SSF on GFI - I'd rather roll in honey and sit on an ant heap. Of course what I mean is I'd rather roll Gravy in honey and put him on an ant heap. But that's just mean.
0 Kudos
Southpaw
Contributor
Been playing GFIQ for a while, however got a little burnt at the end of Feb. When do you think it will start moving ?
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
J-man, you following this one bro ?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
CE ..You know how I feel about gold unless you have dollars overseas and are buying the actuall metal for me the answer is no. Just look at the platinum stocks over the same period. I think we are in a very difficult market as the only bright spot that I see right now is BIL AGL and the plat sector. every thing else is headed for the dogs iMHO
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
john is a smart man. good looking too.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Morning Brazen, Stop blowing smoke up my *****!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
LOL! Okey dokey. Nothing doing for me today - sitting on my cash having a lookey see, but me see nothing. Except maybe GFI - and when I look at that barker.. . . .
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
This is how I see it AGL BIL and the plats are giving renewed buys, however the top 40 the ftse the dow are all still not confirming that the down trend is over. So despite the lost chances of getting in at great prices. I like my fingers more so Untill I get conformations in these markets I sit tight, however I think that trying to short the index right now is very dangerous ( saying that I am short and paying for it) because of the high weight of the diversifieds. so If you want to short it has to be stock spesific.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yip. I think 'crunch' time hasn't happened yet, it's threatened to a couple of times over the past few weeks, but it hasn't happened. Could still be coming? Probably still coming?
0 Kudos
TJH
Frequent Contributor
GFI is in a buy, but wait for another collapse to maybe R121-122-50. Should happen soon. After that, we will see the start of a two week surge, and then you get out and wait for a final collapse to R113 or so. Am long at R124 and moving out slowly at current prices. Keeping some back just in case the Rand falls out of bed and supports current prices.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
B I just think that there are times to go fishing and this is one of those times.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks guys (blows kiss to the penguin).
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
TJH baby, 122.50 - just a question - do you go on EOD or buy if it hits intraday?
0 Kudos
TJH
Frequent Contributor
You going to make lots and lots of money. Just be patient. The final ,final move down will be accompanied by a big stock market correct (I won't mention the "C" word.). We in the final stages of a "A" wave down which hasn't finished in the US. If it hits R123 just keep averaging down. You have probably noticed the gold shares are resisting downward levels. It is the anticipation of the "B" wave up.
0 Kudos