Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why O Why am I looking at GFI

Brazen
Super Contributor
Joke with TJH from back in the day. He's the gold and gold counter guru from way back when. Hardly ever posts, bit of a mystery man, and usually spot on.
0 Kudos
TJH
Frequent Contributor
Intraday. You probably won't pick this price up EOD at this stage.
0 Kudos
TJH
Frequent Contributor
And I only speak to Brazen. She is my partner on the ice-floe
0 Kudos
TJH
Frequent Contributor
Just to add something, when the HUI was breaking down GFI was holding up remarkably well. Because it is in a buy,(in the US it was in a sell) there is a possibility that the share breaks down and then quickly recovers like it did from Wednesday Low of R122.50 and closed at R125. Here's hoping the share breaks down so I can bet the farm.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Thanks sweetpea, I'm watching like a hawk.
0 Kudos
TJH
Frequent Contributor
...and I'm off for a swim with my daughter and her friend. Have to relieve the stress of trading. That 10KM run this morning just didn't do it for me... Cheers. If GFI hits R130 give me a call.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
B : A Clue........$GOLD:$XAU ratio is at 4.88 on the 3-yr Weekly.It peaked on 26Feb2007 at 5.23.(has a 3-yr high of 5.43 on 9May2005)= TURNING POINT.GOLD SHARES PUNTED AFTER THAT 5.43 TURN..Thus,$Gold-price outperformed Gold shares since the low of 3.70 in early Jan2006.It is now the turn of Gold-shares to outperform $Gold.The Uptrend support for Gold Outperformance is at 4.31.(which co-incides with the 38.2% FIBO retracement from the Jan2006 low.)Conclusion: Now at 4.88.Share-positive.And the weaker Rand/$ Trend will do no harm either.Hope that helps,Adios.
0 Kudos