Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why do I do these videos?

Not applicable
I have been asked why I do these videos.am I planning to sell them in the future?, am I wanting to build a profile for myself? etc. Let me start by saying I am conflicted about doing these videos. On the one hand I do the analysis for myself and keeping a record of it reminds me of what I was saying .so seeing as I am doing it for myself why not share it? The problem lies in the fact that it removes responsibility for trading from the trader/investor. If someone should make a decision based on my analysis, or that of anyone else for that matter, it removes the responsibility for their actions from them (or God forbid a portion of their portfolio). If things go wrong you have someone to blame and vice versa..Not only do you now have the market to blame you have that ahole Chartist to blame as well (not that I mind). The problem with this is that there is no learning which takes place in this process. I do hope and trust that there is some value in the videos through me showing the process by which I make the analysis. This is by no way the only or right way but is does show a process which is simple and easy to understand. Of course we have to always be very very aware that we are dealing only with probabilities and that the real way to improve our portfolio is not to improve our analysis but to improve our discipline, attitudes and beliefs towards the market...
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Do you have any ideas regarding SASOL and the budget of next week, i have some ideas. Do you have any analysis on this one? i would be quite interested... Chartist- Do you have a private email address i can contact you on, i have an idea but want to hear what you think about it?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yes I do have a view on Sasol - I see an inverse head and shoulders... [email protected]
0 Kudos
Not applicable
perhaps... we'll see you on TV soon Mr. C... doing a little TA cameo... muttering about some other guy cliaming to get 80% right.. while your record is much higher... :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja PK if only I could get it right that often...remember unlike Roffey I trade in two dimensions - time and direction... whichever way you call you will be right at some time....remember trading is not about being right or wrong ....being right is the imperative of the analyst cause whos gonna pay money for stuff thats wrong?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if you conveniently forget in every show to put a timeline on your calls... and say something like more than happy... and huge potential instead... why would you want to say something as stupid as a entry and exit price ;->
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cause you can always change it! - R 12, R11, R 10, R 9 hey why not just call a buy down to R5.... Harmony the same...GFI the same....
0 Kudos