Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why does my SSF's account change on Weekends as well???

Electrox
Super Contributor
LOL!! i looked at my BIL SSF (short position) yesterday and it was Break even, Today it is about -R1500 . Cant understand why the bid and offer price affects my SSF portfolio even on the weekend. On top of that the amount is deducted from my cash balance and that means 1 day less interest on the cash. Does this make sense to anyone??
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
asylum
Super Contributor
I also noticed that, cant understand why?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi.
On Saturday mornings we roll-over into the new day and start showing the bids and offers again. These however are the bids and offers left over from the close of Friday and as such can be a bit misleading.
An amount of "loss" could thus be reflected, which is purely a theorectical calculalation which is not "real" money and as such does not impact on the interest calculation. Normality will thus prevail again from the opening on the market at 8:35 on Mondays when new orders start coming into the market.
Regards
0 Kudos
Zanzibar
Occasional Contributor
And the fact that if you get disconnected by accident you have to wait 30 minutes on weekends as well!!
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Thank you Standard Bank. good to know that you guys monitor and help with the questions posted on this forum.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
30 minutes for what? We have done away with the lock out.
0 Kudos