Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why is RBX not picking up

kleinvis
Occasional Contributor
Any views why RBX is not picking up, and when it will, was suppose to be my xmas spending money
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Tractor
Occasional Contributor
The construction companies have all had good results for the past financial year. I think that the main concern is the shrink in all their order books for the next financial year. Things not looking as bright as they can. RBX quite dependant on government spending, and government did not get the tax money they need to fund all this.
0 Kudos
kleinvis
Occasional Contributor
thanks Tractor, makes sence, so can everyone please pay your TAX, xmas is around the corner!
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
I agree that the construction sector does not look too exciting - however, the trend setting companies' order books are STABLE, so is RBX's. A general government hold back policy on tenders and awards until after the '2010 soccer event, will affect the availibility of work in the first half of '2010, after that back to business as usual. I would not sell RBX at this time, rather NOT spend too much on Christmas, your shares will reward you for this.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Getting Govt. work is one thing,getting paid by this Govt.is another thing.(refer to Seakays problems in this regard )
0 Kudos
Tractor
Occasional Contributor
Luckily, one of Raubex's anchor clients, SANRAL pays <28 days. The same could not be said of other Provincial Roads departments, but they all eventually pay, write-offs on tenders for roads are highly unlikely. Municipalities might be a bigger problem though. I think I heard a rumour that before Black Top Surfaces went bust, Ekurhuleni owed them an awful lots of millions of Rands.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
at least you got s dividend, paying the 7th I am also waiting for this guy to climb..weather is good, they should be working overtime on the roads.
0 Kudos