Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why is SPAR falling so low and fast?

Skeleton
Occasional Contributor
I bought into SPAR some time ago as a long-term investment, but now I am getting a bit worried. I never expected it to fall so far. The upside is that I can invest more at the low. Is there anybody who can assist me with answers about the decline in the last few weeks? I will appreciate some help.
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Blik
Super Contributor
Not so sure SPP price is so low. PE just under 18, although for SPP in recent times that isn't so bad. It seems like the FOOR sector has dropped quite a bit - but I am not sure how great a % SPP makes up. Maybe just following a bit of a trend. I like SPP.
0 Kudos
Skeleton
Occasional Contributor
Thank you. Can I look forward to SPAR getting back to 12000 and above in the next few weeks? If so, it would seem a good chance to buy at the moment, for the long term.
0 Kudos
grommet
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks guys I think its good time for me to buy in now
0 Kudos
Douw
Frequent Contributor
SPP has become too unstable lately. I intend to get rid of it if and when it recovers to previous levels.
0 Kudos
Skeleton
Occasional Contributor
Well Gromet, SPAR was nearly 10% down last week and earlier this week. That makes me worried. I just checked and saw it is up a few cents this morning. I agree with dabre: I think trading just above the 12-month low of May 2012 (10730) makes it a good time to buy into SPAR at the moment, but I don't understand why it fell to that 108-.... levels recently. I ask help in understanding that.
0 Kudos
markie27
Occasional Contributor
Spar upset KZN retailer by opening new store near one of his stores. The the retailer has decided to leave spar R350million P/a turnover lost to Pick n Pay.
0 Kudos
Skeleton
Occasional Contributor
Thank you markie27; is there a link where I can read more about this?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't think a R45b co really falls due to a R350m store leaving
0 Kudos