Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why is the share moving so slowly

Tupac
New Contributor
according to research made this is a good share with no debts and not hedged can someone tell why is the share then moving so slowly
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
KVW
Super Contributor
I am trying to find the same thing out and nobody wants to confirm this, I am waiting for more intrest, just a matter of time before this shoots the lights out, yes I said shoot the lights out.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Well, maybe we just need a bit of patience on this one. Usually penny stocks run after the heavy weights have run their course. As long as the gold heavy weights underperform, don't expect the pennies to run. GFI, HAR, ANG have really done nothing to attract the small time investor to look at gold shares in general. This share is also too small to attract any form of larger investor. We all know it a good share to own, it's cheap and very conservative in their dealings with potential expansion. Remember that time is a good company's best friend and the enemy of mediocre companies. The platinum pennies followed the platinum blue chips and I think you can expect the same from gold shares. Be patient.
0 Kudos
Wino
Super Contributor
If I recall, there is a geologist among the chat group who can perhaps expand on my story as I am an amateur at this. I have read that mining gold in the old goldfields of Barberton is speculative because of the inconsistency of the gold seam. You can hit a rich seam with grades at 10g/t one moment,which is bloody good, and that can peter out to 2g/t in no time at all. It is one of the reasons the majors have not played a part in the area and one of the reasons MTX sold it to them lsb. Their website says they have 3 mines on the property, but don't mention the grade recovery at each of the shafts. If what I am saying is correct, then it seems a high risk share and hence its performance. Furthermore there planned tailings recovery at Phoenix of 2.0g/t seems very optimistic. Aquarius experience with tailings plants seems to be about 0.8g/t.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
I am no expert either,but i think Barberton shares the same strata that occurs at Pilgrimsrest.That is that the gold does not always occur in seams but in what is called potholes.So a tunnel would pass through what is called "dry" areas where no gold occurs .These potholes are some times deep underground and there is no telling where they will occur.Yes when one of them is struck the gold found there can be extremely rich.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
http://www.panafricanresources.com/financials/ar/Pan%20African%20Resources%20%20-%20Annual%20Report%... their annual report. Gold sales increased by 35% to £53 million (2008: £39.3 million) √ Underground gold production increased by 15% to 94,909oz (2008: 82,436oz) √ Headgrade improved by 16% to 10.32g/t (2008: 8.9g/t) √ Proven and probable reserve base
0 Kudos
Tupac
New Contributor
Thanks very much now what do you think do suggest i can start colecting it now before is too late
0 Kudos
Tupac
New Contributor
Thanks very much,What do you now suggest do you think it will be good for one to start collecting it now before is too late.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Well, I own some and I intent to keep it for a while - 1 year +. I still have a stop loss in place which I intent to use it the broad based sell off continues in the market. My suggestion is to wait and see what this market does before you buy some more. Don't try and time this market because the probability of getting it wrong is high. Wait for the US earnings season to pass and for direction in the gold market.omo
0 Kudos