Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why is this share loosnig value?

ByronP
Contributor
Hi Based on all the information I have read about this share I would think that it should be moving up and not down, what am I missing here? Is it just that investors dont want to get into the Construction sector until it turns? Any feedback would be greatlu appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Quakedog
Super Contributor
They are owed money and might not be able to recover it! Hard Lines!
0 Kudos
ByronP
Contributor
How much and where can I read about this? Thanks for the input.
0 Kudos
f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
Last year they made 6c per share. Even at a luxurious PE of 6 for the construction sector at present, that only makes a share price of around 36c. Way below the current R120. What can they possibly earn in the next year with the depressed conditions? Double what they made last year ar 12c per share? That makes a share price of 72c. So it is going to be a while! But they should in time get back to earnings of 20-30c/share when construction finally starts again in about 1-2 years. From where I sit, that gives them a max share price of around R2 in 1-2 years. Unless Zuma spends the trillion rand! Time to buy? We all know only the insiders get the benefit of the hike by getting in just at the right time. For us mere mortals, we have to buy and wait and take the pain when the share drops futher and pick up some more on the down in anticipation of the whiplash jump.
0 Kudos
f4jsa
Frequent Contributor
Last year they made 6c per share. Even at a luxurious PE of 6 for the construction sector at present, that only makes a share price of around 36c. Way below the current R120. What can they possibly earn in the next year with the depressed conditions? Double what they made last year ar 12c per share? That makes a share price of 72c. So it is going to be a while! But they should in time get back to earnings of 20-30c/share when construction finally starts again in about 1-2 years. From where I sit, that gives them a max share price of around R2 in 1-2 years. Unless Zuma spends the trillion rand! Time to buy? We all know only the insiders get the benefit of the hike by getting in just at the right time. For us mere mortals, we have to buy and wait and take the pain when the share drops futher and pick up some more on the down in anticipation of the whiplash jump.
0 Kudos