Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why is this share so flat?

Taurus
Super Contributor
If you read all the news stories everyone raves about SKJ results but the price actualy droped..why?, it couldnt be factored in because the price has bee flat for the last 4 months...any taughts?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable
I would also like to know why
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Been holding this one for 3 months now, anticipating good results followed by good jump. Good results are now there, now jump jou bliksem!!
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Ok lets wait and hope for some anwsers...
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Some reasons for SKJ's lack of shareprice performance: negative cashflow at the centre, ie. at HQ level, which necessitates continues share issues a la CAE; little institutional support; its inability to report within the prescribed 3-month period after ye which raises some concern as to the quality of their accounting systems and procedures; poor disclosure and ambiguous segmental reporting - it is actually quite difficult to get a handle on the reported nav of 120 cps, hence the low PE of only 2.8x at 82 cps. Notwithstanding the above issues which will continue to impede the rating, the discount just seems to large and we should see some positive price action over the medium-term. omo
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Thanks Topgun, where do you get all this info, a very large sale went throug 2 days ago, about 48mil, do you know at what price?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
the info came from the results announcement - besides the directors, only ABSA Capital and RMB Asset Mngt own those kind of volumes. The volumes should be good for the price, given the results...
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Does anyone know where one can find out at what price a sale like that went throug?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
the high for that day was 85 cps and the low 81 cps - so obviously the large trade was beween those parameters - otherwise ask SBK on "contact us" to check for you.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
I did ask Simon this morning, he will get back to me, so it's negative again this morning...shares will never stop amazing me....
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
credibility is the major obstacle...as is the CEO's ego...not a single unit trust holds SKJ. To narrow the discount, much better shareholder communication is required. omo
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Thanks for your input TOPGUN...where do you see wich unit trust hold wich shares?
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Thanks again Topgun, this was something i wanted to know for a long time , just wish i knew it earlyer..lol
0 Kudos