Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why only one contributor?

partridge
Super Contributor
Ridiculous - one contributor on this!
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
warhippo
Super Contributor
Speaks for itself. I like, I have. I really for one like their position in PIC.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you mean you like the PIC's position in them, right?
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
Not so sure about that (ha), but really meant Pension Insurance Corporation - www.pensioncorporation.com
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
I agree with both of you - but what I am beefing about is that OST by virtue of their evidently outstanding organizational skills have only managed to dredge up one contributor for this share?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The bipolar psycopath analyst rules ok!- he is high, low and mean!
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I like REI - but am buying monthly tranches in my Autoshare invest account for a very long term buy for my two little girls....I am also hedging my bet slightly by holding BTI, and wondering when, if, should, must I convert my BTI to REI....or not....am happy to sit on the fence a little longer. Seems a boring share, well to the forum at least, - but I like that.
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
Blik you have answered your own question. If this is a long term purchase for your two daughters - your stated intention - why ( for example - there are other issues) do you want to pay an interim DWT on the income for the next 12 -15 (?) years. ( I assume you will simply continue buying the shares with the dividends. REI is not BTI they are diverging by content and as by intention as we converse - as REI is also a bear market hold( another question with so much open water ahead - looks too conservative - and you have no diversification in BTI...HMM? The holdings will diverge more and more - so if the cash cow provides the wherewithal to invest divergently - why not take advantage of that? But that said its clearly investing to generate a diversified ( !) "high repetition" annuity income - which is why I would buy it. In 10 or so years time do you think the likelihood/probability exists that investors will pay more for BTI or REI ( CETERIS PARIBUS)? I don't think that's a hard question to answer.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Agreed.....I think my timeframe holding for my daughters is at least 20 years, and will look to buy shares like REI for as long as I can. But in terms of the BTI / REI question....I'll probably look to sell / reduce my BTI % as I see REI do more....but am happy to fence sit at the moment.
0 Kudos