Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why such direction?

Chrzaszcz
Contributor
PE, DY, EY, forecasts - all look nice for this share. And yet the price goes down and down. Why such a negative sentiment?
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Brazen
Super Contributor
Big problems up to now but 60 has been holding and I think it's bottomed. I've been buying STAs on dips below 63 and plan to hold for a month or so and profit on the run up to the divi.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
I stopped out today, but might re-enter if it shows a turn. General Retail sector is still on a downward move, and with talk of another rate hike in October, I don't see it moving bull. The share seems to be testing the support level at the moment. I'm going on holiday so won't be able to excercise a stop after LDT, I'm concerned that after LDT it may close below its support. OMO
0 Kudos
Chrzaszcz
Contributor
Thanks guys... TA indictors seem to show it is still a bit premature to buy, but I will watch closely. The div consensus for the year is 481, with one already paid out at 246, that leaves 235 for the upcoming one. With JDGSTA at around 1400, this makes impl DY around 17%. Wonder how attainable that is.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
saash, I'm thinking there's no chance of a rate hike. UK, ECB, DOW, everyone is cutting. Don't think we'll get a cut, but a hold is very likely. So long as JDG holds above 60 EOD I'm staying in. Not a good short term trade, but if you've got a bit of time could be a nice Christmas bonus.
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Mmmm, everyone cutting. reminds me of an optimistic nationality, who cut of a little piece, even before they know how long it's going to be.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Mmm, I didn't want to chance it while on holiday. Will look when I get back, maybe consider a derivative if it turns ... after all, christmas is comming!
0 Kudos
Chrzaszcz
Contributor
Brazen, are you still holding? It did not find support at 60. Any ideas when (and more importantly, where) it would bottom out? The TA indicators seem to suggest (I am not very good and reading these) that it still has a way to go down. Is there something I do not know about? Everything else is going up, why is this share being contrary?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
The tails at around 2004/2005 are at 57 - I'd put that as a next support. I still think this a good buying period, I feel its over-sold. But not to forget that it is trading in a segment of the market which is very bearish. I'll wait for general retail to show some turn before buying back into this.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Chshaashhehshhaz (hope I got your name right) I am still holding. I have instalments on it and it does look f***** terrible. My strategy at the moment is an old and time honoured one. I just don't look at it.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
There is also a second old and time honoured stratagy - PANIC!!!!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Brazen : Not looking at it is alway a good option. Good news. I have held on the AMS through the storm. Losses has been reduced by 66% from R17000. Bad news > I have also got myself into financial sector stock. Brazen..where is Gravy?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Good boy. I also held IMP through the cr*p and even (gasp) averaged down. I'm very happy now cos I sold some yesterday and can now buy my SMEG fridge. As for Gravy, he's recovering after seeing the price tag on the SMEG fridge. At least his beer will be cold.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Yip, he is one lucky dude.
0 Kudos
Chrzaszcz
Contributor
I was planning to get JDGSTA but since their final installment is higher than the current price of the share, not sure anymore... Was hoping for nice divi but if the share goes down, won't the divi too?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
With instalments you always pay more than the current ruling price cos you're paying a future price. I've never actually converted instalments to shares, doesn't seem much point when you can just roll them over. As for the divi - that's the million dollar question. No trading statement yet so no indication. The share has been punished for a number of reasons, one of them being the strong possibility of reduced earnings. I think there's a good chance of quite good earnings. Time will tell.
0 Kudos
Chrzaszcz
Contributor
Oh s#%t. Now we know why this share was going down.
0 Kudos