Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why the 6 per cent drop today

sk_1
Super Contributor
Could this be the reason ? "Shareholders are advised that a slideshow presentation providing investors with updated technical and other information in respect of Simmers and its various mining projects has been posted on the Simmers website, www.simmers.co.za. It can be found under the heading "Investor Centre "
0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
surely it depends what the presentation says ?
0 Kudos
Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
So what did it say ?? ......
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
because the graph looks horrible!
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Flip, who realy wants to look at Powerpoint presentatons? I may as well get a real job then!
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Another 3.5 drop today. Now we are back to August 2007 level. May be time to get in again?!
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
Dont catch a falling knife...
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
Maybe I am just the glass half full type, but I thought the slideshow looked promising.
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
I also could not find anything so bad to justify a nearly 8 per cent drop over the past two days! Technically it looks like a good time to top up.
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
If I had more cash , I would top up as well. Uranium will move at some stage, and I dont want to be left behind.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
tell you what, that's an ugly chart .
0 Kudos
bulletjie_1
Frequent Contributor
Thanks Simon...now its half empty
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Look on the bright side...buy at 3! Hope the chart will look better then
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
MARKET WILL RISE TODAY ..SO WILL ASA AND FSR!!!
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Up .7 this morning. Has she turned?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Has she turned? What are the probabilities? Eskom's 20% power cut is still there; US$ is still weak (and getting weaker) which means that the gold price has no real value in it; The RAND gold price is still dropping. . .
The current price of around 420 is at long term support, but I am staying out of this one until I see the support tested and holding. I said very sagely last 2 weeks ago that if SIM breaks below the R5 support to get out. Which I did. But, ignoring my own advice, bought in again at 490. And stopped out at 480.
Right now I think it's risky. Mebbe a small postion with a stop around 410? Feed in at 450 and take profit at 498 . . . ?
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
I guess everyone was waiting to see if simmers would bounce of its major support of R4.00. Looks like it did. Bid volumes coming in now, should be interseting close today.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
bids are pushing higher and higher. R4.00 - 4.15 wouldve been a good place to ennter wit ha tight stop. Reward > risk on these levels
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
bids are pushing higher and higher. R4.00 - 4.15 wouldve been a good place to ennter wit ha tight stop. Reward > risk on these levels
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
call me a gambler but I,m going in on a tight stoploss
0 Kudos